This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

anyone use a car polisher to encap stairs?

September 5 2010 at 10:17 PM
George  

Rick has some neat attachments for drills, but, I stumbled across a Flex 6" polisher. This little sucker has 10 amps of power in a light machine. I looked it up, seems to be a professional auto detailer polisher. It's light, handles well, and can run an 8" pad with ease.

Anyone else use a high powered polisher? I've been playing with it this weekend around the house.

AuthorReply
Shorty

Step it up a notch

September 5 2010, 11:27 PM 

I use the Cyclo, or the adapted one from Hos Orbot that has extension handles to save bending so much in conjunction with brushes on trashed stairs.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

On those that are not to bad, I use the Makita and bonnets.

K.I.S.S.

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Phil R

Thanks!

September 6 2010, 10:27 AM 

Handy tip on the Makita. Thanks.

Walt

Is it really worth it?

September 6 2010, 9:05 PM 

You're the only one I know of who has the Orbot Micro so I have to ask. Do you really like it? Was it worth the money? And why do you use the Mikita on the easy ones? Is the Micro slow?

Thanks in advance.

Walt

Joe M

Rip off

September 6 2010, 9:51 PM 

What a rip of the cyclo. Hope it works better then the HOS.

Dennis W.

The Answer

September 7 2010, 3:20 AM 

I have been using a 10" (metal cased) orbital stair tool for several years and I love it(and so do my customers). Gem makes a really good one and several other companies sell private branded one's that are made for them by GEM. I wouldn't have a plastic one.
Checkout Gem International on the web. They are very nice people and have been in biz a long time. And don't be fooled by claims of high HP ratings, by others, they usually run about 1/8th to 1/3 HP.
Gotta have that industrial strength Velcro on the pad too. DW

This message has been edited by 00068 on Sep 7, 2010 3:23 AM

Shorty

Is it really worth it?

September 8 2010, 3:19 AM 

Is it really worth it?
September 6 2010, 9:05 PM

You're the only one I know of who has the Orbot Micro so I have to ask.

Do you really like it?

It does a good job. Delia likes it more than me. My main concern is it's noise. I'm a very sensitive person. wink.gif

Was it worth the money?

These things are damn expensive down under, but yes, both my Cyclos's were worth what we paid.

The original Cyclo we use when cleaning grubby leather.

The Orbot Micro for stairs with the poles. Long pole to clean the risers going up. Short pole for the treads coming down.

If we have a big leather job we use both Cyclo's.

And why do you use the Mikita on the easy ones?

I prefer the Lil Mak, I like the weight of it, plus it is so much quieter.

The Cyclo's are a noisier, rattley machine in my opinion.

I also use Lil Mak on fabric upholstery & mattresses.

Is the Micro slow?

Depends on what each person call slow I guess.

If a job is going to take longer to get a great result, we charge accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Walt

You're welcome Walt, if we never ask, we never learn what we are unsure of.

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

This message has been edited by Shortwun on Sep 8, 2010 3:20 AM

Current Topic - anyone use a car polisher to encap stairs?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com