This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Rick, question about your new Transits...

September 5 2010 at 11:04 PM

Joe DeSouza 

Hey Rick, just wondering what you typically carry in the Transit for equipment? I looked at the transit and wondered how I would fit a small TM (maybe a sapphire) AND the low-moisture stuff (Cimex, OP, GLS) I'm guessing you are 100% vlm with no HWE?

Thanks!

Joe

PS Nice looking wrap!!

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Rick, question about your new Transits...

September 6 2010, 8:01 AM 

We provide commercial carpet cleaning and floor care with our Transit van. The Transit is a small van, so you don't have a ton of room. But I think it's really perfect for commercial cleaning.

For carpet care: There's a Cimex. There's an X-Vac. A Gecko 3 gallon extractor. There's a Brute garbage can with dolly for bringing stuff into buildings. There's an aluminum ramp. And there are about 10 gallons of chemicals sitting in shelves on the walls.

For floor care: There's a wet vac. There's a high speed buffer. There's a mop bucket & wringer. There are a couple of mops and a dust mop. The floor care stuff can quickly be removed from the side doors, in order to load a larger extractor for jobs where extraction is needed.

I would not recommend putting a truckmount in this van. The van could handle the weight of a small truckmount, but it would get too crowded for it to be practical. When we were in Nashville at Sapphire Scientific, they had one of the small Sapphire units installed in a Transit Connect to demonstrate how compact the truckmount is. But IMHO it was way too crowded inside the van with the truckmount installed.

It's an awesome truck to drive. It drives more like a European sedan, very tight. The Transit Connect has been on the road in Europe for many years, so it's a proven design. It was smart for Ford to bring this over for the American business owners. There's a niche that's been untapped since the Chevy Astro disappeared - and in all honesty this truck is a lot nicer than the Astro was. It opens on both sides and it has similar head room like a full sized van. We love ours!

http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan-progress/ford-transit-connect-named-truck-of-the-year/

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Bill Martins

Legends Transit

September 7 2010, 3:28 AM 

If I may Rick...

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

And I couldn't leave out...

Joe Gilstrap

Re: Legends Transit

September 7 2010, 8:45 AM 

I guess that you could put the vacuum cleaner and spotting kit on the roof.

David

Re: Legends Transit

September 10 2010, 2:44 PM 

Just remove the passener seat and bam! Room for a cimex or vacuum or bucket oh spotters! ok maybe not the cimex, but definitaly a vacuum.

Current Topic - Rick, question about your new Transits...
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com