This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex; Yellow plate

September 15 2010 at 11:49 AM
Matt 

I know my Mex is gettin on in age, and the next thing I think I will have to replace is the yellow plate above the spinning blue deck. It has cracked near the pivot arms on both sides and will not stop scraping the deck as it spins.

I have tried pushing down on the front of the plate to bow it out, and that used to work, but now no use. Also, not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but when I put on the big boy wheels is when it seemed to get worse.

Are there any quick fixes or permanent fixes for this issue?

Thanks!

AuthorReply
Don Eldred

Re: Cimex; Yellow plate

September 15 2010, 11:51 AM 

Just replaced it on both our machines

EncapDrew

September 15 2010, 2:38 PM 

Matt,

More than likely the Bumper Shield was bent when you installed the wheel kits. If you wanted to fix the machine without buying parts, you can! The issue lies in the pivot bracket! The two bolts should be level to each other. If you use a pry bar and adjust them, the head will stop flipping, if it is cracked you can have it welded. Also glue a rubber bumper to the fork of the arm so that it will soften the impact. If you install a new bumper shield you will still need the rubber bumper!

The install can take up to 3hours. I would strongly suggest replacing the bearings at the same time!
You will need a pulley puller
Performance tool part # w80653 form Discount Auto

New bumper shield $96.59
2 Center Bearings $74.00
6 Brush pulley bearings $94.56

Phil R

September 15 2010, 5:47 PM 

Case of beer for friend who is handy so he can replace those parts:
Priceless.

Matt

September 16 2010, 12:00 AM 

Thanks for the info...Will try it out tomorrow!

Current Topic - Cimex; Yellow plate
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com