This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Off to do 30k feet of CGD!

September 17 2010 at 4:11 PM

Joe DeSouza 

My yearly big job...a library...got my 2 cimexes and a releasit / fibermax pads and we're goin to town!

Wish me luck, we really get beat up after 10-12 hrs of pushing the old yella's around....

bought meself a case of redbull, hopefully it will help!

Joe

AuthorReply
Shorty

Two words - Big Wheels

September 17 2010, 5:03 PM 

Joe, do you have Rick's "Big Wheel" kit on your Mex's,

If not, as Nike say's. "Just do it".

I have BIG WUNS on my old fella and can still do a 12 hour shift at my tender age.

I'm heading off shortly to clean a couple of hundred chairs, same as last Sat; but on another floor of the same building for the same company.

This we do with "Lil Mak" & encap;

Enjoy.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Joe DeSouza

Re: Two words - Big Wheels

September 18 2010, 1:38 AM 

Hey Short Wun, I dont have the big wheels, I didnt know that they would help! Maybe I will pick some up soon...

Man, we worked until midnite and my legs feel like rubber, then we have to do it all over again tomorrow night! 7 hrs tonite, probably another 4-5 tomorrow nite...

Hey, just happy I got the work in this economy!! painful muscles are what Motrin is for!

have a good nite

Joe

Shorty

Rubberman eh ??

September 18 2010, 3:09 AM 

Do yourself a big favour mate, and get a set of them.

I had a slight problem recently and had to replace both my wheels on the job.

I carry my old originals as spares just in case something happens.

I tell ya, I never worked so hard for that job, that's the difference they make.

Running over the extension lead was like pushing Big Yella across tree branches.

The Big Wheels just glide over it normally.

It is so much easier to turn around also, especially inside a walk in robe.

Soon as I was done it was straight home to put another set of Big Wheels on.

Take care,

Shortestwun.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

Joe DeSouza

Finally finished!

September 18 2010, 8:58 PM 

Just finished the big library job - and i'm not as sore as I thought I would be! Did it in 10 hrs, 2 cimex's. Man, going around those bookshelves takes A LOT of time! If it was wide open it would of taken about half the time!

Time to rest now...

joe

BTW, it wasnt 30k, thats a typo, its about 20k of carpet...

This message has been edited by jodyzuza on Sep 18, 2010 8:59 PM

George

20k 30k, what's 10k among friends?

September 19 2010, 9:16 PM 

Did you make a dollar? If so then great for you! Hook up with another 11 big accounts and make more cash!

Joe DeSouza

What accounts?

September 19 2010, 11:17 PM 

Getting this library was a lucky catch, I guess---what other accounts have you guys cleaned that were on the 10k + sq.ft size? Seems so rare to find today...

and, what are your favorite accounts (i.e. medical, office bldgs, etc.)?

Thanks!

Joe

George

watch Rick's blog

September 20 2010, 2:35 PM 

I find them by asking. Door to door sales calls.

My favorites are office halls and lobbies. Open spaces fill the wallet.

Derek

yes Joe

October 2 2010, 6:08 PM 

the Big Wheel's will make a noticeable difference in operator fatigue happy.gif

hope you are well!

Current Topic - Off to do 30k feet of CGD!
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com