This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex Tank Screen

September 22 2010 at 9:38 PM
Matt 

I have a new screen for the tank in the Mex, but when I put it on and add water, it just floats off! There are no threads or anything...am i missing something?

AuthorReply
Homan, Fred

Re: Cimex Tank Screen

September 22 2010, 10:53 PM 

I just took mine off long ago....

Al Taylor

September 23 2010, 3:22 AM 

I had the same problem. However I changed the copper stem. Although it was still sliding right over the stem before installing. After installing it haven't came off yet while filling the tank with water. I can still easily pull off the screen with no effort at all. I feel that it should fit a bit tighter than it does. Who am I but a cleaner. Truvux been doing this for decades.

Al Taylor

Wiegh the meaning and look not at the words.

Rick Gelinas

September 23 2010, 3:29 AM 

Yes, I agree the tank filter fits more loosely than it ought to. You could apply a drop of silicone adhesive to the filter edge. That will hold it in place, but then you can still remove the filter and the adhesive later if you need to.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xh7/R-100128841/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas
[linked image]

Rambo

Stinkin' Screen

September 23 2010, 7:40 AM 

You don't need a screen unless your dumping dirty solution/water into it.

Matt

Re: Stinkin' Screen

September 24 2010, 11:21 AM 

Thanks for the info...Rambo: Lint and other debris some how finds its way into the tank, then clogs up other areas of the machine!

Current Topic - Cimex Tank Screen
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com