This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Wool Area Rug Help! Please

September 28 2010 at 3:12 PM
LanceC  

Need some Help Gang,

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx289/ComfortCleansit/Wool%20Area%20Rug/

This is a 100% wool "Runner" .
I've used encap Punch on it, and an "Hydr-Oxi" (not sure of the real name right now)
HWE prespray on this, but it is being stubborn. A lot of brownish staining that won't seem
to come out. The back does not appear or seem to be Jute or Sisal. Seems to be Cotton
as well.
Any Ideas?

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx289/ComfortCleansit/Wool%20Area%20Rug/

Thanks,

Lance

AuthorReply
Randy

Re: Wool Area Rug Help! Please

September 28 2010, 6:45 PM 

I have cleaned several area rugs with that problem some are fixable,& some well just improve. My favorite product for that problem is Pro's Choice urine stain remover. even if there is no urine it does a good job removing the brown.Good luck. Before you treat it with USR, rinse and extract
Rapid drying will improve the quality of your job.

Walt

Any idea what it is?

September 28 2010, 7:59 PM 

Organic stains will improve with the use of an "oxi" product, like USR. But the real question is what caused the staining? Was it there before you started cleaning or did it show up after you started cleaning?

That would eliminate a lot of the guessing.

LanceC

Got it, Pile Reversal

September 29 2010, 7:33 AM 

Got this response from a very Helpful Gent and
very respected Carpet Cleaner....

"Lance,
Check out my thread on this board recently on a wool rug. looks very similar . Took it to the pro and he called "pile reversal" or "pile distortion'.
Look at it one corner then turn rug 180 degrees (same corner). If the "stain" reverses pile bad.
No one can fix that."

and that hit the nail on the head. I responded.

"THAT is what it is! I would look at it, and it looked fine, good to go. then I'd walk around and look at it again and..... brown! Walk back to get my sprayer and it looked fine again!
I can, groom it all in one direction and it looks fine, but as soon as you step on it, or push the pile in the other direction, it looks dirty again."

It was like that before I started cleaning, that is why she wanted me to clean it in the first place.
This rug was in a high traffic area. Probably not a good choice of textile for this area.

Thank you ALL for your professional input.
MUCH appreciated.

Lance

Current Topic - Wool Area Rug Help! Please
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com