This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

sq ft per hour

October 14 2010 at 10:57 PM
Bruce 

I have been cleaning open areas with my cimex. I clean one way with DS, other way no solution. I am averaging 1000sq. ft./hr.
I do not think I am going too slow. What am I doing wrong?

AuthorReply

Joe DeSouza

Try this...

October 14 2010, 11:09 PM 

I think you should be getting around 2,000 feet / hr...I know this sounds silly but try to go a little faster on the first run with the solution trigger full on, then on the 2nd pass go a little slower to work the solution in, and gently feather the trigger every 3-4 seconds to keep the pads damp - works for me and I avg 2000 on the straightaways

Joe

george

Re: sq ft per hour

October 15 2010, 8:09 AM 

What size cimex & how dirty? You'll never reach 2500 sqft/hr with a 15 'mex on nasty carpet.

Brushes or pads.

Try walking faster.

Rick Gelinas

October 15 2010, 2:03 PM 

Joe's description above is exact! That's the way to do it. You should easily be able to achieve 2,000 sq ft per hour in the manner that Joe described above. Wet pass - dry pass. Walk faster on your wet pass and walk slower on your dry pass feathering our just a little more solution on the dry pass. That will achieve 2,000 sq ft plus per hour.

And on lightly soiled carpet you can make just 1 pass feathering the solution the entire time as you make a moderately slow pass. Making the single pass - it's easy to hit 3,000+ per sq ft per hour when you're cleaning lightly soiled carpet. And let's face it, a lot of the carpet in a typical building is lightly soiled. So when you average it out, you should see a median cleaning rate of 2,500 sq ft per hour. At least that's what my techs and I normally hit with the Cimex / Releasit / and FiberPlus pads.

Hope this gives you some food for thought. And if you need further assistance I can be reached at 1-800-330-1888 ext 301.

encapman.gif
Rick Gelinas

CLICK HERE TO TAKE A FUN 1 MINUTE SURVEY

[linked image]

Bruce

October 15 2010, 3:37 PM 

Thanks guys.
Makes sense. I will follow your advise. Thanks again

Current Topic - sq ft per hour
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com