This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Pre-Vac Always? with Cimex

October 30 2010 at 4:44 PM
LanceC  

On commercial jobs, lets say 2000 Sq. Ft. and up, do you still pre-vac the entire areas before cimexing?
It seems that this would take 5 times as long as the actual
cimex portion of the job, but it does seem to me that pre-vac is a must.
I have my first bigger job in a couple weeks and was just wondering how you all handle the vacuuming portion of the job.

Thanks,

Lance

AuthorReply
Bob Cairns

Re: Pre-Vac Always? with Cimex

October 30 2010, 5:01 PM 

It depends. If it is pretty bad you will have to - REALLY bad and a pile lift and vac is in order. No sense trying to clean soil that can just be vacced out.

Lee

October 30 2010, 7:08 PM 

Vac is a must. It is best if you can have your customer do it for you before you arrive.

Joe Gilstrap

October 30 2010, 8:12 PM 

Pre-Vac is definitely a must, and do it yourself. The client will not have anyone that will do it correctly.

Homan, Fred

October 30 2010, 8:21 PM 

Yessss you do the pre-vacuuming. Most OTHER people just do not vacuum very well. Their bag might be full, hose plugged. AND then if you really want to see your results if time permits, you go back and do the post vacuuming the next day.
Vacuum those edges. Be detailed.

George

is it my jan account?

October 30 2010, 8:25 PM 

If it is one of my janitorial accounts, no; anything else, there is a reason I have a 28" Kent WAV. LOVE the bushel bag.

David Hebert

Re: is it my jan account?

October 30 2010, 10:37 PM 

I guess I am the odd man out, it is rare we prevac when we do commercial cleaning. Why?

#1. the customers will in most cases not want to pay the extra money it cost to have my company vacuum 10 to 50 K of carpeting.

#2 Id rather not have to loose time with someone vacing 10 to 50 K of carpeting

#3 most places we do are vacuumed on a daily basic with good vacs most larger places work on a rating systems and if the building does not pass then the company will loose money.

Matt

Re: is it my jan account?

October 31 2010, 11:51 PM 

I agree with David. Our larger accounts have vacuuming done at regular intervals, and we factor that into our pricing structure.

Maybe at 2k SF, it isnt something that is done as routinely, and you should do it to produce the best result possible!

George

matt & David

November 1 2010, 6:57 PM 

I wish our local buildings were like that. I have a large (to me anyhow 56k) account were the jan company vacuumes twice a month whether it needed or not. Smaller accounts I'm not sure the Jan company OWNS a vac much less uses it.

Oh, well, I guess that's how they can consistently underbid me by 25% for jan services.

Don Eldred

Re: matt & David

November 2 2010, 8:10 AM 

We do a ton of commercial carpet maintenance and I find that in most of our accounts the only time the carpet is vaccummed is by us. The last thing large Jan Companies do is vacuum.

David Hebert

Re: matt & David

November 2 2010, 5:15 PM 

I am surprised to hear this but then not to surprised.
In may area the buildings we clean are managed by property management companies, cleaning done in house or the owner hires a janitorial company.

What I learned a while ago is the larger building with a management system in place where are they cleanliness of the building is rated, if the building is not up to what ever rating it should be at someone is going to pay / or loose money in the form or bonuses or in a cleaning contract it stated what will be docked form the contact amount.

We were just looking at a 5 story building with about 30k on each floor, the carpets at 1 pm looked impeccable, but so did everything else in the building glass bathrooms floor.

Yep I want in

David

Current Topic - Pre-Vac Always? with Cimex
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com