This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Stronger vac for the Demon?

December 19 2010 at 10:11 PM
Matt 

Just curious if I can buy a stronger vacuum for my XL20?

We had replaced the motor on it earlier this year, doesnt seem to have the recovery that the previous one did (we matched motors). I am constantly plugging up leaks w/in the recovery tank, but have been for a while.

Any thoughts?

AuthorReply
Phillip Newell

Re: Stronger vac for the Demon?

December 20 2010, 9:22 AM 

That's a great question. I was just trying to figure out how to do the same with one of mine. I have the classic, but I think they use the same vac motor.

David

December 20 2010, 9:31 AM 

I have done it, with a Demon II and a XL model, so yes you can as long as the size of the vac is the same, plus the amount of amps is fine.

Leaks in the waste tank is what worries me, are the welds blowing? pin holes in the tank ?

I have one of the first batches of XL's the only thing I have done is plug up two holes that at one time were for latches

Matt

December 20 2010, 2:37 PM 

Dave - Not sure the exact location of the leaks, so we silicone the base of the tank in and out, and around all the bolts that come through the tank.

We still usually get water dripping from the back (near the wheels) regaurdless. All the paint in the interior has chipped away as well, not sure if that was helping seal the tank?

Thanks for the info!@

Thomas Owens

December 20 2010, 2:53 PM 

There is a replacement motor for the 3 stage Amtek motor. I got it at Steambrite. It's called Max Vac. I got one of these to replace a motor in my extractor. Seems to be a quite a bit more powerful with similar amp draw.

David

December 20 2010, 4:46 PM 

IT is more then likely the drain plug leaking, it is rite near the wheel area. Id would put the Demon up on a table fill the tank up and take a look see. I have had that problem before actually had the plug come out on me once or twice

YUCK

David

PS I have two stage motor in my XL

This message has been edited by David-Hebert on Dec 20, 2010 4:53 PM

Joe Gilstrap

December 22 2010, 1:50 PM 

Get a Green Glide for your Demon. You will think you added another vac motor.

Matt

December 22 2010, 5:37 PM 

Thanks for the info guys -

David, Ill b checking for that leak tomorrow.

Already have the glide, didnt bother trying to operate with out one!!

Phillip Newell

Demon Glide

December 22 2010, 5:58 PM 

Are they really that good? Do you guys use it with the Classic? If so, doesn't it raise the lip too high off the carpet causing a gap between the sides of the base and surface of the carpet?

What are the advantages of a glide with the demon? Faster dry times?

Dan

Re: Demon Glide

January 8 2011, 2:07 PM 

I know the glide lets you do dry passes while pushing the Demon, which is pretty much impossible without it. I have also heard it doesn't really change drying times.

As far as the motor goes, check out eh LMB2a motor from Cobb's
http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4725

I know of someone who replaced the classic motor with this one.

Current Topic - Stronger vac for the Demon?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com