This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Hookin up Demon to facuets

January 4 2011 at 8:35 PM
Matt 

So I just love using my Demon. Sometimes circumstances force me to use the M12.

So here is my question, we are runing out of rooom for our next job, and Im not gonna be able to get the Mytee in the van. We are using the mytee cause the faucets are all the hand "sensor" bathroom type. The fittings are normal, but we can't keep the water on cause of the sensor.

Anyone already have experiance messing w these setups to allow for constant running of the faucet? I really dont want to mess around with it and possibly break it w/o seeing if anyone else has some tips.

Thanks!

AuthorReply
Shorty

In the loo;

January 4 2011, 11:16 PM 

Check out the fill pipe going into the lavatory cistern.

A lot of these have an on/off tap/valve.

We have been able to turn off the water supply as above, disconnect the fill pipe and screw on our own adaptor which has a faucet thread on it.

This has allowed us to use the water destined for the lavatory/toilet and fill our equipment as needed.

Just don't use this lavatory until the pipe is re-connected. sad.gif

Also check that it doesn't leak after re-connection. wink.gif

Previously, we also had an attachment that we could fit into a fire hose after removing the nozzle.

We would always let a good amount of water through the nozzle first to remove rust, etc;

Now all the fittings are crimped and it os also an offence to tamper with fire equipment.

On some jobs for the Cimex, I have even taken along several five gallon drums of water.

Check out the janitors closet.

Don't just rely on your faucets for water, look around and find other sources of water.

Failing the above, let the building manager know that you, (and every carpet cleaner that comes on site in future), will need water for their equipment.

How do the janitors get on for filling their buckets, etc;?

Hope this helps.

Shorty Down Under.

I've seen the light, and changed my wicked ways. wink.gif
www.get.shorty.com.au

David

Re: In the loo;

January 5 2011, 6:05 AM 

remember that as long as you have a place to dump with in 200 feet your feed hose can be as long as it needs to be. a garden hose that is made for hot water works great, I keep an extra two 50 foot lengths of it on the van just in case, a 55 gallon drum on a dolly with a sum pump can get one out of jams.

Rick Gelinas

January 5 2011, 3:31 PM 

David your 55 gallon drum and sump pump is intriguing. Elaborate please.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

David

January 5 2011, 4:01 PM 

Sure Rick

There are two ways to do this depending on your situation

I use a sum pump that has an auto shut off, first way is to put the sum pump in the bottom of the barrel I use the plastic kind and have it mounted on a dolly. Attach a garden hose to the sum pump, then run it to the nearest commode or set sink. Put the end of discharge hose from the Demon goes into the barrel as well naturally this is at the end of the Demons reach. Plug in sum pump and clean away.

The second way if the reach is still to long or you are paranoid of the first way is to have two barrels on dollies once one is almost full bring it to where you have the ability to drain said barrel, put sum pump and hose in barrel other end of hose into where you are discharging and plug it in, just keep rotating barrels.

Necessity lead me to using this trick.

David

Matt

January 5 2011, 7:45 PM 

Awesome idea David, I should have figured that out my self! Any length garden hose would do and would work just fine in this instance.

Thanks again!

David

January 5 2011, 8:02 PM 

One last thing, The 55 gallon drum also works for feeding water to the Demon as well, you do need to have a pump that will keep up though, yep I have had to do this set up also.

having multiple ways to use your tools is important, we have even done rubber gym floors with the Demon

Rick Gelinas

January 6 2011, 3:36 AM 

Well explained David. Thanks for sharing those suggestions. Good stuff!

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Current Topic - Hookin up Demon to facuets
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com