This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

cleaning residental carpet

January 16 2011 at 6:29 PM
ted kopp  

I am thinking about getting in the business and buying a cimex. I would like to know if the cimex can clean residental carpet as good as a steam exaction machine. I would like to know your imput.

AuthorReply
Nick Palumbo

Cleaning residential

January 17 2011, 8:04 AM 

Well IMO if i would use a cimex I would
use the 15 inch due to the weight. The
17 inch I think is too big and bulky. I
my orbot or my 15" 175 machine. But I will
say HWE still has it's place in carpet
extraction. I hope this helps!

Don Eldred

Re: Cleaning residential

January 17 2011, 4:44 PM 

You would be better served to go the HWE route for residential cleaning. Low misture systems such as encap are the better way to maintain commercial carpets.

David Edwards

Re: cleaning residental carpet

January 17 2011, 7:12 PM 

Asking for an opinion on method is like opening Pandora's box. The only thing I will tell you for sure is that I use VLM encap on residential carpets very successfully and have very happy clients.

David Edwards

Anonymous

vlm endcap

January 17 2011, 8:59 PM 

I haven't heard of vlm endcap. Where can you buy it?

Shorty

VLM Encap

January 18 2011, 2:09 AM 

VLM stands for Very Low Moisture, ie; a carpet or upholstery cleaning system or method that uses little water.

This IS NOT restricted to bonnet, pad or encapsulation cleaning, it can also be performed using the HWE method, providing you follow the recommendations for cleaning to VLM.

Encapsulation is the most common method used, when cleaning carpet with the Cimex.

Rick Gelinas of Excellent Supply can supply you with all the equipment and solutions needed for this Excellent system. wink.gif

http://www.excellent-supply.com/

(Is the check in the mail yet Rick ?? wink.gif )

Hope this helps.

Shorty Down Under.

Randy

Encapping Residential

January 19 2011, 9:05 PM 

Dave, If I can ask, how and when do you decide to use encap or hwe on residential? And I assume encap can only be used on berber. I have been encapping for about two months with a Cimex on commercial, but not sure if and when to use on residental. Any info would be appreciated!

Randy

David Edwards

Re: Encapping Residential

January 24 2011, 9:46 PM 

Randy,

It's easy for me to decide whether to use VLM on residential. Here's the golden question for me to decide:

"Am I going to clean this carpet?"

I use VLM (brush/pad) exclusively - I don't use HWE. It works AWESOME on residential carpet, whether berber or pile or whatever, and I have a list of clients who swear they'll never let another truckmount on their property.

Keep this in mind, though: HWE has it's place and it's a great method. What it comes down to is the person using the equipment and interacting with the client.

I ran truckmounts for many years, and I have great friends who are die-hard HWE guys that say I'm full of it. But I've got happy clients who say otherwise (even months after I've cleaned) and in the end that's what counts.

My advice: test it with your cimex. Do some empty houses that are for sale and see what you think. Draw your own conclusions based on your own expectations and what works best for you, your clients and your business.

David Edwards

Randy

Encapping Residential

January 25 2011, 8:59 PM 

Thank you Dave for the information. The golden rule for me is to get the customer's carpet as clean as I can. I've been in business about 15 months and am always looking for new information, technology and equipment to provide my customers with a superior service. This philosophy has kept me fairly busy and my business growing.

Thanks for the advice!
Randy

Current Topic - cleaning residental carpet
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com