This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Need your advice: Church cleaning

January 26 2011 at 8:33 AM

Joe DeSouza 

I'm quoting a carpet cleaning job for a large church, and had a couple of questions:

1) Do you measure wall to wall in the sanctuary and base your measurements on that, or do you deduct the footprint of the pews from the total sqfootage?

2) How do you clean BETWEEN the pews? I doubt my cimex or my GLS will fit in there!! One time I did a church and used my oreck baby OP with a pad, but I dont think they liked that too much (I think they thought I would use HWE) I want to do it all low moisture if I can...

3) Pricing - Im thinking around 10cents / ft to start, but with going around all the pews, should I charge more? (im guessing its around 8-10k of carpet; im measuring it tomorrow)

Thanks!

Joe

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Need your advice: Church cleaning

January 26 2011, 2:50 PM 

On buildings where it's an open room with furnishings that you have to work around means charge the full wall to wall price. It takes MORE time to work around these objects than it would take to clean if the room was empty. The Cimex can wiggle in and under some pretty cramped places so I think you should be OK there - but there's another reason why you need to charge the full footprint price. And 10 cents per sq ft sounds about right to me. Hope that helps you.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Don Eldred

January 26 2011, 4:46 PM 

I would measure from wall to wall. Only way to clean between the pews is with HWE and a wand

Kevin Pearson

January 31 2011, 5:19 PM 

You should charge wall to wall. I can also tell you that in my experience in churches the Cimex almost never goes in between the pews. You will have to break out the wand and HWE in between the pews. I wish there was a mini Cimex because we clean a lot of churches and always have to break out the HWE for this scenario.

One church we do has pews that aren't bolted down and so they move around but they are extremely heavy. We actually charge more for this, because nobody likes moving them.

Current Topic - Need your advice: Church cleaning
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com