This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex stuff???

February 9 2011 at 3:48 PM
Matt Strader  

I've been cleaning with a truck mount for 5 years and have recently diversified into encap-ing (if that's a word). How do I know if I am releasing the proper amount of solution? What is too much? What is too little? Do I want to barely get the carpet wet?

AuthorReply
Don Eldred

Re: Cimex stuff???

February 9 2011, 4:58 PM 

You should apply enough solution so that you see a small white film on the carpet, extra passes with little or no solution will help to add additional agitation for better results.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Cimex stuff???

February 9 2011, 5:05 PM 

Hi Matt,

Whenever we sell a Cimex we like to help our custmers with the extra support and hand holding to help them get up to speed. Where did you buy your machine? Shame on them for not helping you to get rolling with your new baby.

But no worries - I will be happy to assist you. To answer your question briefly, you just want to see a light whitening of the surface of the carpet. And if you shoot me an email I'll be happy to send you a PDF document that'll walk you through all the steps and make you an encap pro rick@excellent-supply.com

Also the video that's on the front page of this website is pretty helpful too.

Welcome to the world of ENCAPPING --- and yes that's a word happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

This message has been edited by cimex on Feb 9, 2011 5:07 PM

Matt

Confused

February 11 2011, 11:01 PM 

I have had two cimex's and I can NEVER get an even white foam....always some type of of centered swirl of white...I clean them out but still never get anything even. Is that right??

Shorty

Confused

February 11 2011, 11:06 PM 

Matt, are you using brushes or pads ??

What is it that you are cleaning out, and how are you cleaning whatever it is out?, please describe.

I'd like to understand what it is that you're doing so that we may help you.

Once you have the system right, you won't look back, (at the money trail ) wink.gif

Shorty.

PS::: I have to shoot off in a couple of hours, have a large sports store to 'Mex; $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ happy.gif

This message has been edited by ShortyDownUnder on Feb 11, 2011 11:08 PM

Matt

Re: Confused

February 12 2011, 9:56 PM 

We use pads, and clean/flush out the plumbing of the deck often. We remove the three plugs and scrape out, then power wash out, some times air blast as well. I check the deck by filling mex w hot water and secure the feed to constant. As i look underneath and spin the deck, looks like the discharge is always greater at the back end of the plate, regardless of which of the three is at that location at that time. Just figure which ever was closest to the incoming flow from the tank would exert greater feed!

Rick Gelinas

February 13 2011, 6:01 AM 

Sounds like your machine is in good shape and is being maintained correctly.

Like I show in the video above. (1) Make a "wet pass" holding the solution valve wide open. (2) Then make a mostly "dry pass" over the same section - just tapping the solution trigger every couple of steps in order to keep the pads damp. [This wet-pass / dry-pass method seems to work best] You should observe a smooth even light whitening of the surface on your return "dry pass".

Hope this makes it clearer for you. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Matt

February 15 2011, 7:42 AM 

Thank you Rick, makes much more sense now! Always thought first past was the even white foam!

Current Topic - Cimex stuff???
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com