This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Sticky bar

February 16 2011 at 6:02 AM
Shorty  

Just so everyone knows what I'm talking about, 'cos you blokes talk funny, I mean this:

[linked image]

Replacment Cimex Swivel Clamp Rod Cimex Part # 40009 for all Cimex Carpet Cleaning Machines

Argh, also, it stands vertical, not horizontal as in the fantasmagorical photograph.

NOTE TO RICK, remind him to place an extra "e" in Replacement. wink.gif

Lately, when I release the clamp to adjust the height, the whole rod seems like the rod is being pulled tightly through an obstruction.

Is there an nylon or teflon grommet inside the clamp adjuster that may be worn. ??

If not, what is the problem and how do I fix it please. ??

As I only purchased this machine on the 21st of February 2005, should it be having problems such as this already. ??

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Short tubby wun.

This message has been edited by ShortyDownUnder on Feb 16, 2011 6:02 AM

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

It's your axle

February 16 2011, 7:32 AM 

Hi Shorty - "Originator of the Big Wheels on the Cimex Idea"... You need to also address your axle.

My good man - your idea of the larger wheels for the Cimex was a brilliant one. Thank you! The quest we made looking for larger Cimex wheels also led us to give consideration to another another major improvement... adding a STAINLESS STEEL axle. So we ended up addressing two issues at the same time.

Therein lies your problem Shorty. You have the standard zinc plated steel axle on your Cimex machine. Over time the zinc plated axle will get some corrosion. As the corrosion builds up it impedes the movement of the blue tee-bracket at the base of the adjusting rod that rides on the axle. It should move freely on the axle. When corrosion occurs it puts a bending pressure on the adjustment rod and it begins to bind up as you try to adjust the handle. This is what you are experiencing now.

So my advice is to take a wire wheel or wire brush and clean up your axle, and then give it a good lube. Or you could install one of our Big Boy wheel kits that also comes with a stainless steel axle upgrade. Or perhaps you could find a solid stainless steel rod in Australia that can be fitted to your machine as an axle. Taking care of that old zinc axle is the answer to your problems.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

This message has been edited by cimex on Feb 16, 2011 7:34 AM

Shorty

T.Y.M.

February 16 2011, 2:54 PM 

Thank You Master of all things wonderful and knowledgeable, I knew I could count on you for the right answer.

The bending of the shaft was my immediate thoughts when this started so you have confirmed my thoughts.

But, crikey, fair dinkum, less than six years old with less than two million bucks earned on it, and this happens. !!!

They sure don't make 'em like they used too. wink.gif

Thanks Rick, now all these other guys will know what the problem is that didn't want to ask the stupid question. happy.gif

Shortwun.

David

Re: T.Y.M.

February 16 2011, 3:21 PM 

Bent the one on my Orbot in less then 4 . Oh well fix and move on

Shorty

One more

February 16 2011, 4:10 PM 

How do you free the axle to remove same please.

I tried previously with no success. sad.gif

All I had was a bent screw driver and a broken hammer.

Apparently the hammer was not big or heavy enough.

I may have to take to it with a hot axe. (Oxy acetylene torch) happy.gif

Sorry guys, but I'm full of stupid questions happy.gif

Shortwun

EncapDrew

Re: One more

February 17 2011, 3:11 PM 

Shorty,

When we work on an older machine we start by soaking the axle in WD40. Then we remove the Pivot brackets form the head and use a hammer to remove the arm from the axle. You are hitting the arm not the axle! You will need a heavy weight hammer, not a construction hammer.

I hope this is helpful!

javascript:enlrge('../pc/catalog/driver_1799_thumb.jpg')

Shorty

Thanks Drew

February 17 2011, 3:41 PM 

Ta mate, that makes sense, that way you're not going to mushroom the end of the axle.

I have **** axle somewhere in one of my sheds, just gotta find it first, can't have the 'Mex; failing me when I'me just getting her run-in. wink.gif

Shortwun

Current Topic - Sticky bar
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com