This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Rock Salt Residue

February 16 2011 at 10:00 PM
Aaron Baum  

Hello,

I clean some dental offices here in upstate NY. In the waiting room they have the 2'x 2' nylon fusion bonded carpet tiles. I am inquiring your suggestions about what would be the best Releasit products to use to remove the large white salty spots. They only allow us to clean these carpets every six months, and am thinking HWE but would like to hear from you pro's!

Thank You!

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Rock Salt Residue

February 17 2011, 4:56 AM 

Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum! Use a Pile Lifter if you have access to one. And then HWE to flush the salt from that section of the carpet. A low moisture approach such as encap or bonnet cleaning would probably work too, but you won't be able to remove as much of the salt residue from the fiber as you would with HWE.

That's my 2 cents. But hey - I'm a Florida Boy - so I'll wait to see what the northerners have to add. wink.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Aaron Baum

Thank You, Rick!

February 17 2011, 9:22 PM 

I will follow your suggestions, except do not have access to a pilelifter as of yet. Thank you for the info! It's great to be back on the forum again!

Charles

SALT RESIDUE

February 18 2011, 5:20 PM 

Vacuum, HWE with an acid rinse. Run a bonnet over it to dry as fast as possible. Put fans on. Order some Hydrox encap from this site and use it in the future.

Where are you upstate? you can send an e-mail carpetclean2000@yahoo.com

Aaron Baum

Thanks, Charles!

February 19 2011, 9:22 PM 

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the great advice! I do have EncapHydrox, DS and EncapPunch. Would you recommend cleaning it HWE with Hydrox instead of the acid rinse? Thank you! I am located about 1/2 hour west of Albany. How about yourself? Hope you have a great weekend.

Aaron

Charles

Thanks

February 20 2011, 4:27 PM 

Do you have a water claw or flash extractor? If so I would
flood the area & use the claw to get as much salt up as possible.
Probably HWE clean first then dry. Then encap it with Hydrox. Still dry as fast as possible.

So you are in the Amsterdam, Fonda, Johnstown area? Herkimer here. 1 hr west of Albany.

Aaron Baum

Re: Thanks

February 20 2011, 10:52 PM 

Hi Charles,

I do have a claw. I am located in Duanesburg, very Western tip of Schenectady County. It is nice to get to know you, and thanks so much for your help sir! happy.gif

Have a Great Week!

Richard Gagne

Salt

February 21 2011, 1:56 PM 

Here in Quebec salt is the norm. Give the carpet a good vacuum, prespay with vinegar (acid) you do not have to drown the carpet. Salt desolves quite well in vinegar. Then HWE.
Richard Gagne

EncapDrew

Re: Salt

February 22 2011, 5:52 PM 

Encap HydrOx is on the acid side! The ph is 3.5 in concentrate so it should work great to flush out the salt from those areas!

javascript:enlrge('../pc/catalog/driver_1799_thumb.jpg')

Current Topic - Rock Salt Residue
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com