This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Stiff area on the carpet

February 22 2011 at 7:15 PM
Nick Palumbo  

I just got a call from one of the realators I do work for.
He said a tenant called him and said the day after I cleaned their
carpet there was a stiff area left on the carpet. They said they
vacuumed and it's still there. Any suggestions? Thanks

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Stiff area on the carpet

February 23 2011, 7:43 PM 

Hi Nick,

I need some more info.

What kind of carpet was it? Commercial or residential?

What type of construction? Cut pile? Loop? Berber? Nylon, Olefin? Other?

What cleaning method did you use? What steps? Which detergent? What dilution?

Where there any unusual conditions with the carpet or the cleaning?

If you can provide some additional info - it'll make it easier to try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

This message has been edited by cimex on Feb 24, 2011 4:49 AM

Nick Palumbo

February 24 2011, 7:15 AM 

Hey Rick, This is a residential carpet.I pre vacuumed the carpet, pre treated
spots with hydrox (your chemicals), they presprayed each room one at a time and encapped it then raked it out. The carpet was low pile olflin. Does this help? Thanks for answering.

Rick Gelinas

February 24 2011, 11:35 AM 

Hi Nick,

OK that's why I was asking toi try to determine what you were working with. What you're describing can occur on a soft plush residential carpet. These soft carpets can feel a little crunchy following the cleaning, on account of the encap detergent's polymer. Releasit products contain a lot of encap polymer (that's why they work so well). On a very soft and fluffy residential carpet it's possible for the "hand" of the carpet to feel crunchier for a few days following the cleaning. We've seen this before on "soft" pile carpets. Normally with a few days of foot traffic and a few vacuumings it will return to its soft condition.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Nick Palumbo

February 24 2011, 1:43 PM 

Thanks Rick, I just got back from the house. The carpet was a little stiff in the one traffic lane are in the house. The carpet is old and matted down and worn quite a bit.
This IMO has nothing to do with the chemical or cleaning. Plus they have a area rug on top
of it. I took care of his concern and brushed the carpet.

Current Topic - Stiff area on the carpet
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com