This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Resi Extractor

February 23 2011 at 8:52 PM
Matt 

we have always used our steamin demon XL20 for resi when needed. I really DONT want to go back to using a full sized portable extractor, and have been looking for a smaller unit that hookes up like steamin demon does.

Anyone use an SD on resi often, and have a preference? Are there other tools out there that do/work similar? I just need a smaller unit for those tigher areas.

thx!

AuthorReply
EncapDrew

Re: Resi Extractor

February 24 2011, 2:45 PM 

Matt,

Why not just get the Steamin Demon XL15? That unit is smaller and works exactly the same way!

javascript:enlrge('../pc/catalog/driver_1799_thumb.jpg')

Matt

February 24 2011, 3:27 PM 

How would the xl15 compare to the classic?

David

February 24 2011, 3:28 PM 

We use the XL 15, the Classic and a Recoil HP for residential cleaning, they all have there place, for me it is what machine is closest or cleanest.

with a brush machine and a Demon you can clean about anything.

Cross American has machines with auto fill and dump

Grant

February 25 2011, 12:55 PM 

David, I'm curious about your experiences with doing residential cleaning with the steamin demon units. Do you have any secrets to share such as setup shortcuts? Do you use the hoses that come with the unit with the plastic sheath on them or have you found something else you like better?

I ask because I have a classic unit and used it in residential a few times and quit because it seemed extremely difficulty dealing with the hoses, setup/breakdown, getting to upstairs and basement areas, around doors in closets, etc. I do agree that it works great, particularly with a CRB pre-scrub, the time issues involved in getting it to work were always the issue for me.

Matt

February 25 2011, 11:19 PM 

What is the difference between the classic and the xl??

Also, using the steamin demon does take practice, but for all intensive purposes, the cost to run one is very low compared to a truck mount. It is alot lighter than a portable, and only needs one plug in. We have found that compared to the truck mounts we do take longer, and are a bit less efficient. But the savings over a TM and the time we spend on messing with larger hoses and heavier units are definatley off set w the demon.

It took alot of practice!

Current Topic - Resi Extractor
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com