This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Epoxy Floors in a Sports Bar & Grill

March 4 2011 at 10:29 PM
Aaron Baum  

Hello!

I will be looking at a new possible carpet cleaning / epoxy flooring job on Monday morning. I am interested in getting the carpet cleaning on a regular basis, but the manager of the sports bar and grill said the majority of the floor is an epoxy coated floor. I do alot of vct work, some t&g cleaning but have never dealt with epoxy floors before. If anyone with experience doing epoxy coated floors would be willing to share with me your knowledge and let me pick your brain, I would be forever greatful! happy.gif I am not sure if this is something I should try to get into or not. Thank you in advance and hope you all have a great weekend.

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Epoxy Floors in a Sports Bar & Grill

March 6 2011, 4:59 PM 

Hi Aaron,

An epoxy floor ought to be fairly easy to maintain. Epoxy floor coatings are generally pretty rock solid. So all you should need to do is keep it clean. At least that's been my experience. I would highly suggest NOT agreeing to recoat the floor if and when it needs recoating. I was actually called on to apply an epoxy coating once for a national account that we did work for. It was a major hassle trying to get the epoxy coating to spread evenly. I've applied a LOT of floor finish through the years, and applying an epoxy coating was really difficult. It was more like applying thick paint to the floor. The recommendation from the manufacturer was to actually use a smooth paint roller to apply it. Yikes! I would never want to do it again. So my thought would be to clean the floor only. Cleaning that floor should be pretty straightforward. And if they want it recoated, I'd refrain from doing it. Well that's my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Aaron Baum

Thanks, Rick!

March 6 2011, 9:35 PM 

Hi Rick,

Thank you for responding to my question! happy.gif I am going to see the manager of this establishment Monday morning at 11:00am when they open, and I am in hopes of landing the carpet cleaning in the facility, but he said the majority of the place is epoxy coated floors. They have like 4 other locations within my working area, so this would be a nice account to set up I think. I am aiming to visit many new commercial prospects before I meet with him at 11:00am. Will keep you posted! Have a GREAT week!

Aaron

Randy

Re: Epoxy Floors in a Sports Bar & Grill

March 6 2011, 11:54 PM 

Aaron, You can clean this type of floor just as you would tile & grout. Some sort of alkaline cleaner and a spinner, say "Shorebest 2790 and Turbo Tool". Should clean fairly easy. If you don't do hard surfaces, try to network with someone in your area that does. Just a suggestion? Good luck!

Randy

Aaron Baum

Thanks, Randy!

March 7 2011, 9:46 PM 

Hi Randy,

Thank you for the reply to my question! happy.gif I do currently do hard floor care and am setup with a Mytee and Redline spinner for T&G cleaning. I was inquiring info from Google also on Epoxy floor cleaning and they recommended a neutral type of cleaner to be used with the spinner or by auto scrubber or mopping. I appreciate your input very much! I had to reschedule the visit to next Monday to see this floor on the account that we were dumped upon with another 18" of that wonderful white stuff! happy.gif Hope you have a great night!

Aaron

RichardC

Re: Thanks, Randy!

March 8 2011, 2:42 PM 

We have our back garage (3500sq/ft) epoxy coated, make for easy cleanup and really brightened up the space.

When it needs cleaning we scrub it with the Cimex using a neutral cleaner and rinse with turbo tool. Cleans up great!

Aaron Baum

Thanks, Richard!

March 8 2011, 4:42 PM 

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for the info on the floor cleaning! I am feeling very confident in speaking with the manager now about the proper care of his floors. Thanks again for your knowledge!

Aaron

Current Topic - Epoxy Floors in a Sports Bar & Grill
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com