This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Tool Dilemma

April 2 2011 at 3:59 PM
Steve Borcherdt  

I realize this might get many varied answers but... I want a Cimex. I don't have the cash.

I am talking to three churches and one commercial business. I do not want to HWE this commercial carpet.

I can rent a ProCaps machine for $35 a day or a 175 floor machine for the same price. I have 4 cotton bonnets and 4 microfiber bonnets.

Which would be your first choice and why?

Can I clean with DS and bonnets?

How much carpet can I expect to clean with 8 bonnets?

I'll hang up and take your answer off line.

AuthorReply
Nick Palumbo

Re: Tool Dilemma

April 2 2011, 4:10 PM 

Well Steve, IMO I would go with the 175 machine. I'm not thrilled with
the pro cap machines. You can use you bonnet pads with the 175 as long
as you have a pad driver for the machine. If you were going to invest in
a machine,go with the 175rpm with a 1.5 hp motor. You can encap, bonnet
pre scrub etc. Also you can strip vct floors. clean T&G with pads or
brushes. Better choice for your money IMO.
Nick

Steve Borcherdt

April 2 2011, 4:24 PM 

Nick, thank you I was leaning this direction anyway since I have used both tools and agree the 175 is the better option. How much carpet should I expect to clean with 8 bonnets?

Shorty

We've all been there

April 2 2011, 5:33 PM 

Steve, I'm sure everyone of us has been at the same stage that you are presenting us with.

By all means go with renting the 175 machine.

I would much prefer though that you buy a second hand one and when you have the money, buy a Scrub 3 to compliment the 175.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/228309/thread/1294725922/Scrub3+Video

The Scrub 3 will allow you to accomplish much better results than with the 175 alone.

The money you make will soon allow you to purchase the ultimate commercial cleaning machine, The Cimex.

As far as charging, travel expenses would kill my customers over there. wink.gif

All the best,

Shorty.

Steve Borcherdt

Re: We've all been there

April 2 2011, 6:18 PM 

Shorty,
Great post!! You are absolutely correct in that I don't want to rent the 175 machine it is just that is where my cash flow is right now. I figure it is one job and I will buy a used 175 machine. Saw one on Craigslist that looked decent for $350.
I hadn't thought about the Scrub 3. What a great idea.

Rick Lord

Pads

April 2 2011, 6:27 PM 

Where are you located? I might be able to help you out if your close to Georgia.

Steve Borcherdt

Re: Pads

April 2 2011, 6:32 PM 

Oh How I appreciate your offer!! But I am in Mountlake Terrace WA near Seattle

Steve Borcherdt

Re: Pads

April 2 2011, 6:36 PM 

Rick,

The jobs I am looking at range from 7-10,000 square feet and I would like to know what I should expect out of my pads?

Steve Borcherdt

Re: We've all been there

April 2 2011, 6:38 PM 

Shorty, I have seen the Scrub 3 before but I can't find it in the site.

Shorty

I'm clueless in Seattle

April 2 2011, 9:27 PM 

1: Since Rick put up his new website, I'm afraid I don't have a clue either,
although if you do a search through the posts here, you will find more info.

2: John Watson has Claudes Clean Care in Sedro Woolley, north of Seattle.

3: A couple of months ago he was getting rid of surplus gear and, knowing John, he would probably have a couple of rotaries there.

4: His email is: johnclaude@valleyint.com

5: RICK, please tell us more about the Scrub 3

Hope this helps,

Shorty.

Nick Palumbo

April 3 2011, 8:18 AM 

Steve, it's hard to say how much area will 8 bonnets clean.
It all depends how dirty the carpet is. I would think you could
get a couple of small jobs done with them. I hope this helps.

Rick Lord

What I'd Do

April 3 2011, 10:14 AM 

Oh well to bad your not closer as I have all the stuff and wouldn't have minded loaning one of my Cimex's or Rotary for a few hours.
But here's what I'd do;
Order some Releasit DS and either Fiber Max Pads or Fiber Plus pads depending on how bad the carpet is. Max if there are a lot of dark stains etc, Plus if not
Vacuum Carpet well
Rent the rotary make sure it comes with a pad driver. The pad driver will be smaller then the machine so if you get a 20' Rotary the pad driver will be 17" (I think that's the correct size)
If it comes with a solution tank great, Either feed the releasit from the tank or spray it down and then go over it with the rotary. I would also make a sling ring for the rotary as it sends solution out a bit and can get on stuff you might not notice and leave a stain. I think Dave Gelinas made one out of flexible landscaping border and just clipped it together.
If you can get a grooming brush and groom before it dries.
I have used a Rotary a lot for Encapping, it certainly doesn't do the job the cimex does and
I don't like the pattern it leaves in some carpets.
If you want to talk further feel free to call me at 678-350-3402

This message has been edited by ricklord on Apr 3, 2011 11:15 AM

Current Topic - Tool Dilemma
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com