This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Scub 3

April 3 2011 at 9:14 PM
Nick Palumbo  

Hey Rick, I might of asked this question before so forgive me if I did. If I put the scrub 3 on my 175 rotary does the machine say a rotary or will it work like the cimex?
I mean would we still have to go side to side or like the orbot and the cimex?
Thank you.

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

The Scrub3 is officially "on hold"

April 4 2011, 4:08 AM 

Hi Nick,

We have the Scrub3 on hold right now. The unit works great for an experienced rotary operator. But many of the people who bought the Scrub3 thought they'd have a machine that handled like a Cimex. It's not a Cimex, because there are no rear wheels rolling on the ground. So after refunding their money to a few customers who just couldn't get the hang of it, we've decided to place the Scrub3 on hold. This image on the bottom of our website isn't just marketing hype...
[linked image]

I personally like the Scrub3 for what it's intended for - to increase production for a rotary machine. But since many end-users can't get the hang of it easily enough we're not going to promote it (at least not in its present form). We haven't given up though. If we can find a way to produce a universal rear wheel kit package for rotary machines to go along with the Scrub3 - we will have a winner. But as for now, we are not selling the Scrub3's (they're just taking up shelf space in our warehouse). sad.gif

Thanks for asking.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

This message has been edited by cimex on Apr 4, 2011 5:16 AM
This message has been edited by cimex on Apr 4, 2011 4:08 AM

Shorty

Scrubbed !!!

April 4 2011, 5:47 AM 

Personally, I thought it was plainly evident that one couldn't miraculously turn a rotary machine into a walk behind machine, merely by altering the drive plate.

I didn't exactly break my teeth on a "swing" machine, but I started using my first one about forty years ago.

Long ago I mastered the technique of taking a swing machine straight up and down long corridors.

This does not make me smart as is evidenced by how slow I have been to realise that some people really don't understand the principles of "swing" machines.

I would dearly love to see the Scrub 3 released to the general public once more to fill that missing niche.

Operators need to fine tune their gray matter and try these things out and ask questions before making a purchase of any product.

I still reckon it's a great advance in the floor care industry.

If I may, imagine where all us now would be if Rick had said a decade or so ago, "Nah, polymers ain't gonna work in the carpet cleaning industry".

Thanks Rick for your true grit and determination in this game.

Shorty.

Nick Palumbo

Re: The Scrub3 is officially "on hold"

April 4 2011, 7:49 AM 

Thanks for answering my question. I been using a rotary for quite a while. Not as long as Shorty. LOL. I was looking into it because I thought it was eaiser to handle. My son can't get the hang of the rotary. The machine controls him. No matter how many times I show him. he gets discouraged and walks away. He is used to the orbot. Oh well I guess will just wait for your rear wheels and easy movement. I just can't afford a cimex.
Thank you.

Anonymous

April 5 2011, 1:18 PM 

If the machine controls him then obviously he doesn't know how to use it. It is all about balance,not that difficult of a machine to learn.

Why should others,who are interested in the scrub 3 be penalized for someone else's inability the proper use of a tool?

David Hebert

April 5 2011, 1:57 PM 

Rick i have a buffer that has wheels that can stay on the floor while running it, if you are interested I can send pictures to you .

Rick Gelinas

April 6 2011, 5:29 AM 

Sure David. I'd love to see it.
Please send pics if you don't mind.

Thanks

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

bulk_polymer.jpg

Current Topic - Scub 3
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com