This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex in Residential?

April 7 2011 at 10:16 PM
Colby  

Does anyone use their Cimex in residential settings? I have seen it done by competitors, but how does it work with thicker carpet?

AuthorReply
Joe Gilstrap

Re: Cimex in Residential?

April 8 2011, 12:14 AM 

Not very good man. If there were some absorbent pads available for the Cimex and some pad drivers to run them, then that might be a different story.

Charles

Cimex

April 8 2011, 7:16 AM 

You are better off using a 175 with solution tank.
I use white floor pads & sometimes the blue microfiber pad.
My 175 goes into every house.

Nick Palumbo

April 8 2011, 7:21 AM 

It's not only too heavy for me to lift (LOL) but it's a little
bulky to get around furniture. I love my orbot for residential
I haven't tried my 175 in residential yet. So I guess I agree with
the other guys.

Don Eldred

April 8 2011, 8:30 AM 

HWE for residential. Keep your low moisture systems for commercial carpets. The average residential carpet is only cleaned every 18 to 24 months and surface cleaning is not good enough, also more likely to get into warranty issues.

Joe M

I disagree

April 9 2011, 3:24 PM 

I disagree with you Don. LM works just as well as HWE. It's the customers choice what THEY want. Some like LM some like HWE. When I do carpet cleaning I only do LM and the system works just as well as HWE. Some customers only want LM. Now I would not use a cimex for residential work but it can be done if you want to hurt yourself.

But I don't agree in telling someone to only use LM for comm. Using a cimex for resi work, no way. Using a Challenger or one of Jonh G's machines, you bet.

It's just another tool in the tool box. And if used the correct way can make a customer for life. Both systems have there +'s and -'s.

This message has been edited by jtmellon on Apr 9, 2011 3:28 PM

Colby

April 8 2011, 10:39 AM 

Thats what I thought! I currently use a TM with the occasional OP pad when needed. I bring in the 175 or the 360i. I keep my Cimex for commercial only. This guy seems to have happy customers, just curious how well it would work in residential. He has pics on his website using the Cimex, thats what got me thinking............Thanks guys!

walker

April 8 2011, 4:19 PM 

works great on berber. I have done a few berber basements with the cimex. Other than that I would ONLY use my cimex in rentals and commercial. Just something creepy to me about not using HWE or OPE on a residential cut pile.

Kevin Pearson

April 8 2011, 5:59 PM 

We use HWE on residential. That being said there have been times that a good scrubbing with the Cimex followed by HWE has been way more effective. So when we do use the Cimex in a residential setting it is followed by HWE.

Patrick

April 8 2011, 9:23 PM 

If the carpet is getting cleaned 18-24 months then the home owner isn't worried about keeping up the warranty anyways.

Don Eldred

April 11 2011, 8:19 AM 

Joe M Show me the proof that low moisture on residential is as good as HWE.

Joel Riggs

April 12 2011, 7:34 PM 

Don show the proof that it isnt.

I do 90% of my residential with HWE. But I am starting to drift more and more to VLM. When done correctly you would be hard pressed to be able to tell the difference.

Don Eldred

April 11 2011, 8:26 AM 

Patrick I think that most mill warranties say that residential should be cleaned every 18 to 24 months, there are exceptions of course. People that look after their carpet investment and do proper vacuuming can easily go 18 to 24 months between proper professional cleaning.

Don Eldred

April 13 2011, 8:22 AM 

Joel I never made the statement that HWE was better, I was asking for proof from the person that said low moisture method was better than HWE, all I want is some proof of that.
I know the capabilities of all cleaning methods, and I certaining know which one should be used in it's rightful situation.

Current Topic - Cimex in Residential?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com