This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Vacuums

April 12 2011 at 7:24 PM
Kevin  

Ok so whats the deal with upright vacuums-if i go into any local supplier they all have uprights for as much as $700.00, what do they do throw a label on it that says "commercial" and now it's suddenly worth up to $700--is it going to be any better than an upright from best buy, sears, or walmart in the $200 price range--I don't get it but no way i will pay that much for an upright--so what do you guys use any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

AuthorReply
Joe Gilstrap

Re: Vacuums

April 12 2011, 7:42 PM 

Hoover Conquest is the best vacuum I have personally ever found. Tremendous suction. Great for trashed out jobs. Has a heavy debris bin that will take bolts, nuts, screws, rocks, quarters, etc..., that the Conquest gobbles up. Also tremendous at removing dust and small particulates.

I have the 14 inch Conquest and also the 28 inch Conquest for large commercial jobs.

I have been using the Conquest for years and haven't found anything to beat it yet. When I do, I'll buy it.

Phillip Newell

April 12 2011, 9:55 PM 

Keep your eyes out on ebay. Good commercial vacs will last for decades and you can often find slightly used ones on ebay for a fraction of the cost. I recently picked up a Proteam XL1500 for $80 and then a Lindhaus for $35 (A $700 vacuum) which is the nicest I've ever owned. Both run smooth and look good!

I've also seen Windsor Versamatics go in the $50-$75 range.

For those prices, you can afford a good vac and a backup too.

Greg

April 27 2011, 4:16 PM 

Yeah, $700 for a commercial upright vacuum is a lot. There are 2 reason's for that price.

#1 - commercial vacuums are built to last. Their motor will usually outrun the household vacuum's motor 2-3 times. They are made from better materials and have stronger construction. Manufacturers back it up with their one year warranty knowing it will be in use every day for hours.

#2 - local distributors don't sell large quantities of them and when they do they have to pay commission to their sales people, therefor their mark up is really high (70% - 100%)

Solution: buy on the Internet from reputable online supplier such as www.FloorCareMall.com where you can get quality commercial vacuum cleaners starting at $180.

Greg

April 27 2011, 4:29 PM 

Yeah, $700 for a commercial upright vacuum is a lot. There are 2 reason's for that price.

#1 - commercial vacuums are built to last. Their motor will usually outrun the household vacuum's motor 2-3 times. They are made from better materials and have stronger construction. Manufacturers back it up with their one year warranty knowing it will be in use every day for hours.

#2 - local distributors don't sell large quantities of them and when they do they have to pay commission to their sales people, therefor their mark up is really high (70% - 100%)

Solution: buy on the Internet from reputable online supplier such as www.FloorCareMall.com where you can get quality commercial vacuum cleaners starting at $180.

Current Topic - Vacuums
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com