This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

how much sq footage (Rick)

April 19 2011 at 5:53 PM
kevinj  

Hey Rick,

Ok i will take your advice and use my 175 for encapping till i get enough commercial business and can afford a cimex, i'll also ditch the carpet brush, get a pad driver and Use the FiberPlus pads, solution tank on my 175 i believe is like 4 gallons, how much coverage or how may sq ft on average should i expect to get from a 4 gal tank?

I notice that you have the SPRINT Multi-Purpose CRB machine, is this the same machine as the power flite Multiwash - Automatic Scrubber? I am seriously interested in this machine, i would use it on residential to run it over carpet as a first step to restore the carpet before a pre vac, i believe that it would make the pre vac more effective, then i would pre spray then use it again for agitation, then finish up with rinse and extract, I am also interested in giving your encap punch a try on residential HWE jobs as well to see how it performs, and for encapping on commercial i'd also like to try on of your encap chem's for commercial,

How well would the sprint work on hard surface cleaning and what chem would be used for that, i'm thinking that when i'm on a residential job, and after doing a great job on carpet w/very happy customer and if cust has a small kitchen area with tile floor i could offer to clean it for free with the sprint which would make cust even more happy, earn her repeat business along with hopefully alot of referals

If the price is right i can purchase everything i need from you, my pad driver the fiberPlus pads, the sprint machine and chems my 175 is a "saturn" made by "EDIC" it is 1.5 HP Modle number off machine is "17LS3-SS" I measured the carpet brush that i use with it and it measures 15inch Let me know what you can do for me with a break down of cost per item, if you'd prefer you can call any time at 303-549-0710 I look forward to possibly doing business with you

AuthorReply
David Edwards

Re: how much sq footage (Rick)

April 19 2011, 9:53 PM 

I'll pitch in on the average sq. footage per tank:

For commercial settings that are only moderately soiled (average), using a pad rather than a brush or bonnet - I typically get about 1,260 sq.ft. out of 3 gallons - about 420 sq.ft./gallon of rtu. Labels generally call for 300 sq.ft. per gallon of rtu, but I always get more than that (sometimes substantially more)unless the carpet is dirtier than (what I consider to be) average. As you become used to the system you'll get faster, use less chemical and still get better results.

David Edwards

Kevin Pearson

April 20 2011, 2:50 PM 

We usually get 400 sf per gallon of RTU with the Cimex. Not sure whether the 175 would be the same or not.

Don Eldred

April 20 2011, 2:55 PM 

Should get better than the 400 sq ft with the rotary, but not the same cleaning

Rick Gelinas

April 20 2011, 4:35 PM 

Yep 400 sq ft per gallon is fair. We mention 300 sq ft per gallon in print ONLY because I like to be conservative when stating numbers (it's better than over-promising IMHO).

The Sprint is the same unit that MultiWash pins their name onto. It's a decent lightweight scrubber for carpet cleaning and for light tile and grout cleaning in small areas. If you'd like more info you can always give me a call and we can talk about all the ins and outs of each machine - I'm at extension 301.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Current Topic - how much sq footage (Rick)
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com