This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

What % of commercial cleaners are using encap

May 3 2011 at 4:04 PM
Mike  

I'm just considering entering the commercial carpet cleaning business in South Florida. I see encap as a great competetive advantage in this industry. Was just curious as to what you guys thought was the percentage of commercial cleaners that have caught on to encap? Is almost everyone using it? If that is the case I would think it is not such a competitive advantage anymore. Many thanks for your input!

AuthorReply
Steve Borcherdt

Competitive edge

May 3 2011, 4:53 PM 

Your competitive edge should never be the method of cleaning you use. Quite honestly your competitive edge is you and the value you bring to the table. I can't speak for South Florida but being ten percent better than the next guy is all too often too easy. Showing up on time and ready to work cuts out quite a few sad to say. So figure out how you fit into the market place and how you are unique and forge ahead. Whether you think you can or you think you can't--you are probably right.

Anonymous

Re: Competitive edge

May 3 2011, 8:32 PM 

I worried about everyone else catching on too. But realized most people are not motivated enough to work hard. With that said I have bought 2 very lightly used cimexes over the past few years that the purchaser thought was going to make them rich. It is NOT the tool, but your work effort that makes you successful.

Nick Palumbo

Re: What % of commercial cleaners are using encap

May 4 2011, 7:33 AM 

Hey Mike, I know the other two guys really didn't answer your question I don't think. I would say that what they are telling you is true,and you need to keep that in mind. I would venture to say that most companies that do commerical work will use the cimex or the orbot also with rotary when encapping or bonnet cleaning. There are still plenty of people out there who HWE. IMO there is a need for both in different cases. I hope this helps.

Don Eldred

Re: What % of commercial cleaners are using encap

May 4 2011, 9:23 AM 

Companies that are successful in the commercial market use all cleaning methods, to answer your question I don't think anyone could give you an exact number. So much depends if you are cleaning their carpets on a schedule maintenance program or only when the carpets are visibly soiled.
Lots of great advise on above posts.

George

the number that do or admitt on forums they do?

May 10 2011, 8:44 PM 

I really think the two numbers are quite different. There are way too many people claiming to do commercial work HWE only at $0.11.

Current Topic - What % of commercial cleaners are using encap
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com