This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Spots magically reappeared

May 20 2011 at 11:56 AM
Carl  

I cleaned a liquor store and it had all kinds of spots from beer, wine, liquor and schnapps. I did the usual, pre-spray with punch and let dwell then cimex with Releasit DS. I get a call that spots came back, I go by to check it out, EVERY spot has reappeared. Anyone have experience with these stains? Thanks

AuthorReply

Kevin Pearson

Re: Spots magically reappeared

May 20 2011, 12:36 PM 

Try using less moisture. Personally, we have two Cimex's and we never prespray the carpet. I don't think it is necessary, but if it works for you more power to you.

To fix this though I would try to go in with a spray bottle of Releasit DS2 mixed normally and put some cotton bonnets on the cimex. Mist the spots and bonnet them away. Then put fans on them to speed dry. You shouldn't need much chemical at all to get the spots to go away but the key is to get them dry quickly.

Kevin Pearson
http://www.pearsoncarpetcare.com

Rick Gelinas

Spill Stain Remedy

May 20 2011, 2:06 PM 

How To Eliminate a Recurring Spill Stain:
1. First: Scrub the spot for at least 60 seconds (scrub for 2-3 minutes if the spot is a tough one) --- scrub it with next to no moisture in the pad (practically zero moisture). So you're scrubbing the daylights out of that spot with MINIMAL moisture. I will normally scrub a circle around the spot with the Cimex first, leaving the spot bone dry. Then I'll run the machine over a section of dry carpet for a few seconds to dry out the pads. Then without squeezing the solution valve, I'll criss-cross over the spot for a minute or more as outlined above.
2. Next: Spray a few good mists of a strong concentration of Releasit Encap-Clean DS mixed 1:3
3. Final step: Work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber by running the machine across the spot one last time.

This process works perfectly just about 100% of the time, if it is performed to the letter. You must scrub intensely with minimal moisture first. Then apply the concentrated Releasit. Then work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber. The fluoro-chemical retards the wicking process during drying, and the concentrated polymer crystallizes any spill residue remaining at the base of the carpet. BaddaBing-BaddaBoom the recurring spot is gone for good. Even if the carpet is cleaned later with HWE, the spot won't reappear.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Richardc

Re: Spill Stain Remedy

May 20 2011, 3:22 PM 

For years now we've followed Ricks formula for stubborn spots and have not had a problem with them reoccurring yet.

Thanks for the tip Rick!

Christine Almond

May 20 2011, 3:41 PM 

Do you do the scrubbing with a fiber plus pad or a bonnet?

Rick Gelinas

May 20 2011, 5:29 PM 

With a FiberPlus pad. However it could be done with a bonnet too.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

Carl

2nd Try

May 25 2011, 12:24 PM 

I went back to this account today to try the very VERY low moisture method. I mixed up DS 50/50 in a spray bottle and lightly misted the trouble spots and then ran the cimex over the spot for several minutes. On some of the spots it did a very good job, not so good on the others. The ones it didn't work on I tried blotting with Encap Spot and it didn't work well either. I think I'll be returning to this account yet again.

Rick Gelinas

Re: 2nd Try

May 25 2011, 2:45 PM 

"I mixed up DS 50/50 in a spray bottle and lightly misted the trouble spots and then ran the cimex over the spot for several minutes."

That's not exactly what was recommended above. If you'll carefully follow the steps EXACTLY as outlined above - the results are generally very good for correcting recurring spill stains.

The 50/50 gets sprayed on at the end (final step), after a considerable degree of LOW MOISTURE scrubbing has been performed.

If you'd like to speak with me personally I'll be happy to walk you through it. I'm at extension 301.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

Current Topic - Spots magically reappeared
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com