This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Upholstery cleaning

May 29 2011 at 1:03 PM
Brandon  

Does anyone use the rotary upholstery brush to clean auto upholstery.
Possible Polyester or a Polyester/Nylon mix?

I have a brush attachment for the drill supplied by ES, I have not used it on this fabric yet.

It can best be described as low, tight-woven, acrylic feeling fabric. I encountered also on some church pews I was cleaning, and another older chair.

My apprehension is that it will separate the fibers and create a kind of matted, worn look. This happened when I was scrubbing on a church pew using a scrub brush, that I typically use on carpet stains. The scrub brush caused the material to sort of fray, and it didn't have the same look afterwards.

Does anyone know if the upholstery brush attachment is soft enough not to damage this material. I'm pretty sure it is some sort of Polyester, or Polyester and Nylon mix?

AuthorReply
Joe M

mmm

May 29 2011, 4:42 PM 

When in doubt, hand shampoo. Releasit DS works great for hand shampooing. I do upholstery all the time this way. Use a horse hair bruch or a sea sponge to control foam, towel dirt off.

Rick Gelinas

Re: mmm

May 29 2011, 6:55 PM 

I agree 100% with what Joe posted above...
"When in doubt, hand shampoo. Releasit DS works great for hand shampooing. I do upholstery all the time this way. Use a horse hair bruch or a sea sponge to control foam, towel dirt off."

When you're using the Rota-Brush attachment for a drill, run the drill at a lower speed setting. Never use it at full speed. You can pre-spray the fabric. And you can also dunk the brush head into a bucket of mixed DS. Keep the fabric lubricated with detergent and light foam. Gently agitate the fiber with the brush attached to a drill. The Rota-Brush works well on durable commercial upholstery. Use caution and watch what you're doing. And like Joe mentioned, if in doubt use a horsehair brush or a sea sponge and brush the upholstery by hand.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Current Topic - Upholstery cleaning
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com