This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Tile and Grout Cleaning

May 29 2011 at 1:08 PM
Brandon  

Does anyone use an OP machine to clean tile and grout. I have a challenger with a brush attachment, I have used it with mixed results and the whole process was very messy. However, I am going to give it another run, so far I have been advised to use a plastic guard around the machine to reduce splash. Any input on type of chemical, and maybe an inexpensive vapor steamer that may help with the cleaning. The main reason I stopped using it before was the harsh chemical involved, I was advised to use a descaler followed by a neutralizer which does not go over well with our goal to use healthy cleaning products. Thanks for any input.

AuthorReply
Nick Palumbo

Re: Tile and Grout Cleaning

May 30 2011, 11:04 AM 

There are quite a few people who use a 175rpm rotary or the orbot or cimex.I normally don't have a problem with splashing with my orbot and pads. Chemicals used and dwell time means a lot. Also a nice grout brush on a pole works wonders. I use 2790 and at times you don't even have to scrub. Some people like VV. I'm not sure what Rick has but I'm sure he has something. Oxyblaster from magic wand some folk say is good but I haven't tried it. Also vacaway has something but I don't remember the name. I hope this helps.

George

Re: Tile and Grout Cleaning

May 31 2011, 8:51 PM 

spray with 2790, scrub with brush (you can do this with just a grout brush), suck it up (with pads or wet/dry vac).

I use Hi-Test from Nuline. It's about the same as 2790 without the hazmat charge on case lots. 2790 had the shipping changed to ODM so the hazmat fee is gone on case lots.

Current Topic - Tile and Grout Cleaning
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com