This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Swirl Marks

June 7 2011 at 8:30 AM
Jamie  

I had a dentist call with a complaint about swirl marks left in her carpet after I cleaned with a Cimex. She tried to "vac" the marks out and they stayed. What is the best/easiest way to remove these swirl marks? I have a Butler and a CRB machine. Some of my customers love the marks left behine but this dentist does not.

AuthorReply
Don Eldred

Re: Swirl Marks

June 7 2011, 3:33 PM 

When they bought the carpet it did not have swirl marks in it, so I understand why they are not happy. You should have groomed the carpet before it dried. To correct it you will need to re-wet the carpet and do a good grooming.

Rick Gelinas

June 7 2011, 5:32 PM 

Many customers don't have a problem with swirls. My favorite personal experience was when we were servicing a very upscale store in a mall in Tampa. The VP of their entire corporation was planning a visit to their store. They wanted us to clean the carpet the night before the visit. I told them we should do it earlier in the week so the swirl marks would work their way out of their plush cut pile carpet before the visit. They said NO we like the swirls! So we went ahead and serviced the store the night before the visit. I checked back later and they said everything was great. Go figure.

Like Don stated above.. "To correct it you will need to re-wet the carpet and do a good grooming."

Other than that, the swirls will also disappear after a few days of normal foot traffic and routine vacuuming.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on Jun 7, 2011 5:41 PM

Shorty

Horses for courses

June 7 2011, 5:57 PM 

I CAN see Dons' point of view here, re; the carpet NOT having swirl marks when purchased.

I also agree with Rick's story of the swirls in the carpet.

I clean a chain of travel agents that have a plush red carpet.

I do a scallop pattern in each carpet as I finish.

The management, staff and customers love it and I have been told by management to always leave the carpet in this state rather than rake it.

So now, I carry a tablet with photos of various jobs and the end result on plush carpet, both with scallop design or raked, and let the customer decide.

Horses for courses, some love it, others hate it.

Whatever works for them, works for me.

Here's one of the jobs.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Hope I haven't confused you. wink.gif

Shorty.

PS ::: OOOps sad.gif forgot the important bit:

As above, re-wet the carpet and rake as suggested, humble pie is sweet when complaints are sorted quickly. wink.gif

This message has been edited by ShortyDownUnder on Jun 7, 2011 5:59 PM

Jamie

June 7 2011, 10:33 PM 

Thanks for the info!

Current Topic - Swirl Marks
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com