This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Looking for the skinny

June 13 2011 at 4:18 PM
Shorty  

Had a job to do yesterday where the Cimex was fairly tight in between a wall and a desk.

This is a secure building where every desk has an alarm fitted on the operators side in case of a troublesome client.

The desks are also sensitive to movement, when an alarm is activated, a security guard is on the spot along with other staff.

Being a holiday, a security officer turned up pretty quick sad.gif

Seems the desk that I moved to clean the carpet had a loose wire that was activated, luckily for me, it had been reported before and nothing was done, so I won't be charged for the call-out

First time I have done this particular job and they have asked if I will do it again on a regular basis.

My question is, is an Orbot any narrower than the 48 Cimex for these tight areas.??

I've searched different sites and can find no measurements.

Thanks in advance.

Shorty.

AuthorReply
RichardC

Re: Looking for the skinny

June 13 2011, 4:59 PM 

Shorty the Cimex 48 is 20 wide and 28-inches deep, the Orbot is 17.5 wide 22-inches deep.

How about the Cimex 38, it's 16 inches wide and 25 inches deep? But, you have to cut your pads for the 15-inch machine. sad.gif

It is nice though, gets in between rows of seating in auditorium really easy!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

This message has been edited by RCTPKS on Jun 13, 2011 5:02 PM
This message has been edited by RCTPKS on Jun 13, 2011 5:01 PM

Shorty

Ta mate

June 13 2011, 5:57 PM 

Thanks Richard, that's the info I was after.

I thought the Orbot was slightly narrower from when I last used one.

It appeals to me more, as a more versatile machine also.

We don't have many auditoriums in my little town like you fellas in the big smoke have happy.gif

I do like the smaller 'Mex; but I really couldn't be bothered cutting pads for it every time it's needed, & I prefer the pads over brushes.

I don't know why they have never made pads for the 38 ??

Thanks again.

George

Re: Ta mate

June 14 2011, 10:39 AM 

Other OP machines are smaller. For a job that tight I'd look at something without a tank.

RichardC

Re: Looking for the skinny

June 14 2011, 3:49 PM 

You can always pull the Sprayborg off for that job. It comes in pretty handy on commercial work.

Current Topic - Looking for the skinny
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com