This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Too much foam

June 17 2011 at 3:02 AM

Rick Gelinas  

I spotted this YouTube video of a cleaner working with the CImex. So I thought I'd post it here to show what TOO MUCH foam looks like. If you are seeing foam splashing out of the sides of the machine it is an indicator to back off a little. You only want to observe slight whitening of the surface. More is not better. More liquid can lead to wicking problems. So keep the moisture down for optimum results. A quick wet pass followed by a slower dry pass (feathering a tiny bit more solution on the dry pass) is all that's needed. I hope this is helpful to you gents as you use your Cimex to turn dirty carpet into money.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

AuthorReply
Shorty

Bonnetts ??

June 17 2011, 6:29 AM 

Is he using bonnetts under the Mex; ??

Looks like Odins legs with golf course, very close veins. happy.gif

Paul

So glad you corrected them

June 17 2011, 11:14 AM 

I am so glad you are showing this video and making these comments.
A majority of the videos I see using a Cimex do not use the machine the way you use it, I am included in that lost group of shampoo cleaners. I watched all the videos and have been renting the Cimex, using it wrong for more than a year now, and still getting paid by customers that seemed pleased. The I ran into a carpet where over foaming made a difference and you learn quickly, more is not better!!
Now I know that I could have done it right, used less chemical, dried faster and had fewer issues with wicking if I used the Cimex properly.
I really like your Video that shows you cleaning but we need more!!!
With so many videos showing the Cimex used wrong and foam flying all over, Rick can you make a longer video showing proper use of the Cimex in different cicumstance, it can be hard to see your foaming action on the dry run in the videos you have on U-Tube. One of my guys said he was doing exactly what you did, and he was never acheiving any foam at all. He understands better now after retraining.
Maybe you can find existing U-Tube videos that do it properly and post those as showing the proper methods.
Some might find it boring but most of us would find it to be increadably interesting to see the real Encap Man in action in a longer video sharing the methods that make Big Yellow not only profitable but productive. Make it long enough, share some secrets, and you have a video that any Cimex owner would consider buying. Seriously!
Thanks Rick

RichardC

Re: Too much foam

June 17 2011, 2:39 PM 

I do agree a more detailed correct cleaning video addressed more to the technicans.

While cleaning with a Cimex has to be one of the easiest methods of cleaning out there, there is still proper techniques that need to be followed to maintain productiveness with the least amount waste while still achieving maximum results.

[linked image]

I got on one of my tech's for wasting solution but he told me he put down more on purpose to allow it to break up the heavy soil and later came back with his dry pass to work it in.

Still not sure if he was making an excuse or if he really planned it that way.

A video couldn't hurt!
happy.gif

David

June 17 2011, 3:51 PM 

My rotary machines do not even splash that much around, you might as well HWE The carpet then go over with a bonnet after if wetting the carpet out that much.

Rick Gelinas

June 18 2011, 9:49 AM 

Yes, all you need is a minimal amount of moisture. The tendency however, is to use too much solution. The best way to approach shampooing with the Cimex or rotary machine is the two pass process that I mentioned above. Make a quick wet pass, followed by a slower drive pass. Laying down a light layer of foam is perfect. And once you get the hang of it, it's really simple. In fact it comes natural. You'll actually hear the solution as it makes a swooshing sound when a light layer of foam is developed, and you'll see a light layer of foam on top of the carpet. Perfect!

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Carl

too much moisture

June 21 2011, 6:24 PM 

rick is right. when you hear the pads making a noise you almost have too much solution. The video was nice at first.. just the right amount of foam but he kept pulling the trigger and BAM too much and FOAMing monster.

now it did look like they were using bonnets not max pads so you might have to saturate them first and them feather the trigger.

on commercial with light soiling we try not to get a foam. I turn my shut off knob to about 3/4 open to help prevent over doing with the new guys and it helps a great deal plus it help stretch the solution over a longer period..

the sound is something you have to learn from doing.. i know i did..

Current Topic - Too much foam
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com