This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Upholstry

June 24 2011 at 9:39 AM
Paul  

I purchased the Roto Brush with my order of Hydrox and wanted to try out some upholstry cleaning. I did not have access to my extractor at that moment.
I used an old chair as my test, we moved it out of the living room because the upholstry was faded and yellow.
I mixed up Hydrox in a pump bottle at 10 oz per gallon of hot water. I presprayed with the Hydrox and tried to make it foam with little result. When I really poured the Hydrox to it I did get a light layer of foam but holy cow I had to soak the thing. I was not impressed, so since some of you are doing it successfully I decided it must be operator error.
Please advise me of your process.
Thanks in advance to the Encap/Cimex nation...............

AuthorReply

Charles

UPHOLSTERY

June 24 2011, 12:33 PM 

PAUL,,,,

I have used encap D/S & Encap Basic on upholstery.
I use a 2 gal pail and put about 6oz of either chem in the pail.
Then my wife & I use Microfiber sponges that you can buy in walmart or Family Dollar. They cost about $1.78 - $3 each. We always get suds & foam in the pail. Even thou it is encap I usually HWE the upholstery afterwards. I wish I had taken some pics of last weeks upholstery job. That stuff was sooooo filthy. I could have written my name in the chair with the tool. I haven't used Hydrox yet so I don't know how much it foams. If you still need some help, like I said in one of the last posts, you can call me. 315-868-4844

Charles
DELUXE CARPET CLEAN
HERKIMER, NY

This message has been edited by Grossvater on Jun 24, 2011 12:34 PM

Don Eldred

Re: UPHOLSTERY

June 24 2011, 12:43 PM 

Just HWE in the first place Encap juice is meant for carpet maintenance programs.

Joe M

I disagree

June 24 2011, 2:17 PM 

That's your view Don. I get great results from shampooing uph with DS.

Kevin Pearson

We get great results too

June 24 2011, 3:47 PM 

We take a 50/50 mixture of DS and water and the pad driver, fiber plus pads and a drill. Mist the upholstery and then go over it with the pad driver and drill. This works great on any synthetic furniture (especially office type furniture), stairs, office partitions, hard to reach areas ...

This is also an extremely fast way to do it and so it is very profitable.

Shorty

Juice

June 24 2011, 5:29 PM 

Jo, I would not advise using Hydrox on it's own as a cleaning agent.

I doubt very much that it would foam up a great deal.

Rick will probably give a much more detailed answer than I can supply.

What I would do is mix up the Encap DS and add some Hydrox to that.

Thoroughly vacuum the furniture first.

Apply juice to the fabric and brush.

Towel off to finish.

If soil keeps transferring to the towel, apply a small amount of juice, don't over-apply, and clean again, towel off.

Use carding brush depending on the fibre.

Depending on the type and level of soiling, the furniture may need to be hwe, in this case I would encap and agitate with the brush, then rinse/extract.

Hope this helps.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Juice

June 24 2011, 6:22 PM 

Some excellent suggestions above. However I would like to make one adjustment. It's not often that this happens, But I'm going to have to disagree with Shorty. Do not mix Encap-HydrOx with any other product. Encap-HydrOx is on the acid side of the pH scale, in fact it has to be on the acid side, or else the hydrogen peroxide will not remain stable. That unique environment of an acid base and hydrogen peroxide also requires using a different polymer. Encap-HydrOx is built with a unique polymer called CrystalonHP. And Encap-HydrOx can be a very effective detergent for upholstery all by itself.

You can use the Rota brush with Encap-HydrOx on upholstery but it won't foam as much as Encap-Clean DS2 (it's not designed to foam as much). One technique for getting foam for upholstery cleaning is to mix your detergent in a bucket and then put the head of the Rota brush into the pail of detergent and spin the head until it whips up a foam. Then brush over the upholstery with the foam.

The other alternative is to simply spray the upholstery with the detergent and brush over it with the Rota brush.

You can also towel off upholstery after the cleaning to finish it off afterward.

This simple approach to cleaning upholstery can provide a quick and profitable way of servicing upholstery, especially the commercial environment.

Hope this gives you some additional ideas.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on Jun 25, 2011 2:34 AM

Shorty

I sit corrected :-)

June 25 2011, 1:02 AM 

As Rick will be aware, we don't get the Hydrox down under.

My mistake, I was under the impression that the two products were compatible.

People don't get much older than me, and still learning. happy.gif

And loving it. wink.gif

Ta for setting the record straight mate.

Shorty.

Joe M

I only use

June 25 2011, 8:18 AM 

I only us DS when doing uph. I have not nor will not use anything else. DS gives a nice foam.

Chris

Re: Juice

June 25 2011, 8:37 AM 

What is the detergent to water ratio that you would use?

Joe M

about

June 25 2011, 11:29 PM 

I mix about 2 oz with a gal of warm water, then whip into a foam.

Current Topic - Upholstry
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com