This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

So what is best juice and mixture for upholstery?

June 25 2011 at 10:22 PM
Randy  

With all the talk recently about upholstery cleaning, What is the preferred juice and process to clean uphostery? I have to clean some next week and would like some advise. Thanks.

AuthorReply
Joe M

my 2 cents

June 25 2011, 11:27 PM 

Ds whipped into a foam, (mix some in a bucket with warm water) then use a sea sponge or horsehair brush to apply the foam,, rub then white towel off.

I do all uph this way, I love it. Safe and it works and the wow factor with the customer is great.

Rick Gelinas

Re: my 2 cents

June 26 2011, 5:58 PM 

Joe is spot on.

I would only add that on natural fiber such as cotton etc (that might possibly brown) - Encap-HydrOx is a great option. It'll eliminate the chance of browning.

And using the Rota brush is an efficient way to agitate upholstery fabric. Run the drill at low speed (half speed or less on a variable drill).

After the upholstery is brushed/agitated, the fabric can be toweled off with a terrry-cloth towel.

That's it. Very simple. Very efficient. Very effective. Very profitable happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Joe M

Good point

June 26 2011, 10:46 PM 

Good point Rick, even though I have never had a problem with DS when I hand shampoo, it's better to be safe then sorry.

Anonymous

June 27 2011, 8:24 AM 

This message has been edited by AlmondsSteamCleaning on Jun 27, 2011 8:47 AM

Derek

June 27 2011, 2:16 PM 

i should try the method Joe outlined...i keep turning resi upholstery work away.

for comm upholstery, i spray it on with my MultiSprayer, then use my CycloPolisher to work it in, then towel off. i am thinking the Cyclo might be too aggressive for resi upholstery. cleaning by hand seems a better way to go for me, if i were to do it.

good thread!

Randy

June 27 2011, 6:51 PM 

Thanks guys for all the info. I will definitely give this a try next week!

Current Topic - So what is best juice and mixture for upholstery?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com