This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex a plush carpet

July 19 2011 at 11:39 PM
Stephen  

can you cimex a residential plush carpet. What are the concerns. Thank you

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Cimex a plush carpet

July 20 2011, 3:34 AM 

You can use the soft brushes for a plush carpet. The Cimex is safe. Keep in mind that as the 3 drivers are spinning clockwise, the drive deck is turning counter-clockwise. So as it would be damaging the carpet, it's also un-damaging the carpet. I know that's not proper grammar - but you get the picture.

The soft brushes are safer for more delicate / plush fiber. It's a popular choice for guys that clean delicate rugs. In fact the Cimex is extremely popular for guys that work with oriental rugs in their rug washing plants.

Here is a link to the soft brushes for the 19" Cimex...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/4807P-Soft-Cimex-Brushes-set-of-3-for-19-inch-Cimex-Machines-Commercial-Carpet-Cleaning_p_24.html

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Stephen

What cleaning product then.

July 20 2011, 7:58 AM 

What releasit product would you us if you were cleaning residential?

Rick Gelinas

Re: What cleaning product then.

July 20 2011, 9:05 AM 

I have never been a fan of recommending encap for residential. It is done by many, but I won't go on record recommending it. Encap is PERFECT for commercial maintenance, that's where it shines! But HWE is still the most thorough way to extract the highest quantity of soil in a single shot. And that's important consideration for the residential family setting IMHO. Commercial and residential are completely different animals.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on Jul 20, 2011 9:07 AM

Richardc

Re: What cleaning product then.

July 20 2011, 9:55 AM 

We've had some difficulty removing the swirls when using the Cimex on plush carpets. I'd test on a mat or scrap before doing too much.

As Rick said those soft brushes work great on area rugs for loosening and suspending the soil.

Joe M

Just use

July 20 2011, 11:21 AM 

Releasit DS. Has always worked great for me. I do my own carpets using it. I pad cap, I dont have a cimex anymore, will one day just not now.

Current Topic - Cimex a plush carpet
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com