This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

HOS vs cimex

July 24 2011 at 10:21 PM
Stephen  

I need feedback regarding possible purchase of a hos orbot. Up till now I have been using a cimex but now that I am without one I am interested in the orbot because of its looks and versatility. I find the cimex to be incredible but it is very bulky and difficult to get in and out of a truck. What are the drawbacks of the hos compared to the cimex and likewise what are its strengths over the cimex system? Also Can anyone tell me what the hos system costs?

AuthorReply
Joe Gilstrap

Re: HOS vs cimex

July 24 2011, 11:58 PM 

Cimex is great on commercial. The Orbot is a fantastic all around machine. You can easily do residential and commercial with it. It is also great for tile and grout.

The Orbot with the Spray Borg is an awesome setup that will allow you to handle basically any carpet cleaning situation.

I have been running mine now for close to 3 years.

Just my opinion.

David

July 25 2011, 8:49 AM 

I have had the Orbot for quite a while now, we love the machine, easy to use easy to teach how to use. Might I suggest you get the weight set with it other wise in my view it is not aggressive enough on carpet. You will also be able to to T&G that way.

Another way to go is to purchase a 2 speed buffer 175 320 machine. Run it on 320 with the fiber plus pads, you will get good production that way.

If you purchase or use a buffer use a shampoo tank.

David

Denise Ulrich

July 29 2011, 2:27 PM 

Are you using this machine on both residential and commercial?

Lee

Love my Orbot

July 25 2011, 1:33 PM 

I have been very happy with my Orbot. You are a little slower than a Cimex but you have great versatility. It is easy to move and easy to run. Great money maker for me!

Nick Palumbo

July 25 2011, 2:54 PM 

Man, I love my orbot. I have the spray borg but I took it off. Eaiser to do residential. I like to prespray anyway. I've used it to clean tile and grout and had no problems even without the grout brush and weights. Good chemical let it sit and your off. I agree with the others the cimex is a little faster but it's also heavy and bulky. I like they way the handle folds down on the orbot easy to lift in and out of my van. I hope this helps.

Joe Gilstrap

Spray Borg

July 25 2011, 8:37 PM 

Man, there is no way that I could do without my sprayer. I love that thing. It also adds head weight.

Joe DeSouza

Re: Spray Borg

July 26 2011, 6:52 PM 

Ok my personal opinion - NOTHING beats the cimex, and I speak from experience as I have 3 cimex's and the sprayborg...Its good for residential, esp. berber, and good for doing touch ups after cimex cleaning on commercial...also good after HWE a resi berber that was filthy...I just did a huge mall, and I used the orbot with hydrox run thru it on the brighter colored squares in the carpet (It was blue with 10x20 orange and green areas in the pattern) and the colors POPPED!

But...the orbot on its own just does not dig deep enough into the pile as the cimex does so as a stand alone commercial cleaning machine, I say no way...but as a second tool AFTER after the cimex its killer...its the only machine besides my truckmount that stays in the truck 24/7, but being a "swiss army knife" like it is, it has limitations...would you skin a deer with a swiss army knife?..I think u catch my drift...

Joe

David

July 26 2011, 8:49 PM 

Add 10 or 20 pounds of weight to the Orbot and see how much more aggressive it is!!!! wow it sure helps

Joe DeSouza

hey Dave

July 27 2011, 9:26 AM 

How do you add weight to the orbot? Could u maybe post pictures? I can see how that can help because it would dig deeper

Thanks

Joe

David

Re: hey Dave

July 27 2011, 1:24 PM 

they make weight sets for the Orbot.
http://www.hos-usa.com/why-hos/wood-cleaning.html

Judd Bowers

August 24 2011, 5:21 PM 

I bought the weight set for my SprayBorg and I keep a plate on each side (16 lbs. total) at all times. It works awesome! Especially once I realized I saved money on less chemical. Increase agitation, lessen chemical.

I've tried the Cimex, it works great, but I think it looks very dated and cheap. Customers agree. The advantage over the HOS is sq.ft. per hour, however, the HOS has landed me jobs just on how it looks and works. I cleaned a residence in a retirement community, the householder was so impressed that she called her girlfriends over to watch me clean, (and I'm not good looking). Long story short, 1 job turned into 5 and $1100!

Kelly Wilmoth

September 16 2011, 5:51 PM 

Yes, I know Judd and he's not good looking. Has to be the machine! I've had mine for about 3 years now. No weights, no sprayborg, and I've never found a job it couldn't handle. By far the best looking machine on the market.

Current Topic - HOS vs cimex
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com