This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Re: Steamin Demon / Joe D.

July 26 2011 at 8:38 AM

Charles  

Any problems with water hook up in residential?
How about longer runs than 450 ft on commercial that need flushing?
I always thought this machine was bigger than it is so I never paid attention to it. How about pulling pet urine out of carpets? Video looks like it pulls dirt pretty good.

This message has been edited by Grossvater on Jul 26, 2011 3:23 PM
This message has been edited by Grossvater on Jul 26, 2011 3:19 PM

AuthorReply

Joe DeSouza

Charles...

July 26 2011, 6:37 PM 

The best thing is to call them - they have all the answers, but this is what I know...

"Any problems with water hook up in residential? " ....

It can be a pain if you dont have the hook up kit, I bought some parts from hardware stores, but some of them dont fit...Im just gonna end up buying the kit from SD

"How about longer runs than 450 ft on commercial that need flushing?" ....

They have a bigger pump out that u can buy - I did hear of someone sticking a sump pump in a 5 gal bucket and letting the hose from the SD drain into that, and the sump pump will take it away thru another hose...this is the route i'm taking, but havent done that yet so I dont know how effective it is...

"I always thought this machine was bigger than it is so I never paid attention to it. How about pulling pet urine out of carpets? Video looks like it pulls dirt pretty good." ....

It BLOWS my mind how much vac this has - I used it on a shower overflow WDR in a hotel instead of bringing up the porty / waterclaw...It was crazy powerful and left the carpet just slightly damp - probably dried really quick (it had an airmover on it) it was sucking out things I didnt know the carpet had in it LOL The suction will pick up rugs if youre not careful....

I just wish they would redesign it so it doesnt look like a pimped-out rug doctor (even the same colors - arggg!)

Hope this helps -

Joe

Joe DeSouza

also...

July 26 2011, 6:39 PM 

forgot to mention that the pump out on the machine is only good for 150' according to SD; and it doesnt matter for the feed line, just the pump out...

Joe

This message has been edited by jodyzuza on Jul 26, 2011 6:40 PM

Charles

Re: Steamin Demon / Joe D.

July 26 2011, 6:52 PM 

Thanks Joe for your answers. I see Rick has the Demon
for sale and hopefully before the 1st of October we will
be moving back to Florida. Are you just outside of Daytona?
I use to live in Deltona. Right now we will be looking at the Lakeland area. Got to go where the money is and where people want service. I am in way upstate NY and people here don't care if they live in dirt or not.

Joe M

For Charles

July 27 2011, 8:15 AM 

You said;

"I am in way upstate NY and people here don't care if they live in dirt or not."

That's funny, you want to move away and I want to move where you are. I don't think I would be doing cc'ing up there.

Joe DeSouza

Charles...

July 27 2011, 9:24 AM 

Im in Palm coast, 2 towns north of Daytona...I dont think it matters where you live, because of this economy, people rather "live in their dirt"...its a choice between clean carpet or putting food on the table...here in Florida the economy is one of the worst in the country; I think we were #3, right behind nevada and louisiana...Do you have clients here? It may be tough to get new ones as most of my work is repeat clients, hardly no new custys coming in for any of the CCr's locally...its doable but just tougher now

Joe

Charles

JOE

July 27 2011, 12:47 PM 

I don't have any customers there yet. I belong to a
business leader Facebook page which has over 260 members
and I have already talked to a couple of real estate agents.
I also belong to a Facebook page in the same local area down there
which has over 10,000 people where it's possible to get some
jobs out of. I have a buddy in Pinellas Park who does pretty good.
We stay in touch all the time. Now tell me someone in the Tampa area doesn't need some type of service. You know those Franchise Orange vans
that pretend to clean, I took jobs from them in Deltona even when they already had appointments. Where I am up here , the economy has sucked 50 years ago before the economy has sucked. Also my wife plans on setting up at some of the flea markets down there and sell her products. She does embroidery. There is way more opportunity down there than here. Knock on the door & someone will open it. The housing area that I plan on living in sends out monthly news letters & I can advertise in there for $10 a month. It works cause I did that before. Even thou I lived 84 miles north of Lakeland I went down to do carpet jobs because my daughter lived there
too and it gave us a place to stay and visit. You will never know unless you take the Plunge.

Joe DeSouza

Re: JOE

July 27 2011, 7:48 PM 

"You will never know unless you take the Plunge" Boy that is some good wisdom, and that is exactly what I did! And it all worked out; youve got the right mindset about opening doors, thats what I did and it worked...

"Massive action brings massive results"

Joe

When you get here, email me and maybe we can work together on some big stuff,if and when it comes... Orlando and Tampa are pretty big and there is enough to go around for everyone...

Joe

Current Topic - Re: Steamin Demon / Joe D.
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com