This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Thanks Rick

August 4 2011 at 12:41 AM
Brandon Anew Carpet Cleaning  

Thanks Rick for the helpful information tonight on Mikey's Board, we operate mostly residential right now, we do small com. jobs from time to time 5K and below, but will be making a push toward bigger commercial accounts very soon. I know all the info you shared on the chat is on this forum, but it was good to hear it in person.

1. I like the part about the inspection and offering them free tips on maintaining their carpets, can you go into a little more detail on the tips you give them, I heard bits in the conversation such as use rugs in cerain areas and vacuuming intervals? Are those the common suggestions, and is that in the CMS?

2. You recommend a shower system instead of a spray system. I wondered if you could maybe touch on that. We currently use a challenger and your fiber plus pads on commercial carpet and always have great results spraying encap. But, I'm sure if you recommend it there is a good reason, I would appreciate any info on this as we make our decision on commercial equipment. We are probably going to start with the HOS, I like the look of the Cimex, but we also need something that can double in a residential setting.

Thanks for the info

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Thanks Rick

August 4 2011, 5:40 PM 

Hi Brandon,

Thanks! The program was a lot of fun. I was enjoyed talking about commercial carpet cleaning. But you probably notice that if you get a chance to listen last night happy.gif

The carpet inspection form is a strategy to help you to evaluate the condition of the carpet in the maintenance of the carpet throughout the building. And that positions you as the expert. It shows that you are proactive and ready to address all of their maintenance issues and needs.

The carpet inspection form looks at things such as the condition of the parking lot, the entry mats, wear areas, the condition of the vacuum cleaner, spot removal, carpet construction, fiber type, maintenance intervals, etc. It's a great way to open up the dialogue with the prospect to determine what their needs are, and as mentioned to establish the fact that you're the pro and you're ready to take care of every situation that they have in their building. That's one of the forms that's in the CMS program. But of course you could set up something like this on your own too.

Regarding shower feed Absolutely, positively, you need a shower feed system to do proper encap cleaning. Shower feeding the solution through shampoo tank gives you much greater control than what you would achieve by spraying the solution on the carpet. Spraying the solution makes it difficult to control the flow of the solution. Some areas may be wetter, some areas may be drier. It's really hard to gauge how much solution you're putting down and have good control. With the shampoo tank, you can add more, or you can use lessit's up to you.

By using the shampoo tank and the FiberPlus pads, you'll have extremely good control over the application of your encap detergent. In fact probably be able to use even less detergent than you would if you were springing down; plus the results will be far more consistent.

You mentioned using the HOS machine. That's a great machine. And having the sprayer directly mounted to the front of the machine makes it possible to get good control as you spray the solution downalmost as good as using the shampoo tank.

And if you consider a Cimex machineit's a killer option too. The Cimex makes it possible to clean at very high production rates (2000 to 3000 ft.² per hour) and get extremely good results. That's why it's so well-liked by many commercial carpet cleaners. And when you put it together with the best encap juice in the industry (Releasit) you've got a winning combination!

If I can help you in any way, please don't hesitate call on me.

Thanks for listening and last night.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Current Topic - Thanks Rick
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com