This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

whats is a

August 8 2011 at 7:35 PM
derrick  

sea brush or sea sponge?....what does it look like?...THANKS

AuthorReply
David Edwards

Re: whats is a

August 8 2011, 10:05 PM 

It's a sponge you can find in painting/craft stores or the paint department of big-box stores. Irregularly shaped with lots of holes/texture to them.

Search google images for "sea sponge." I'm sure you've seen them before.

David Edwards

derrick

Re: whats is a

August 8 2011, 10:09 PM 

ok....soooo the brush or the sponge can be used to clean uph?

Shorty

Errrr, dunno about that............

August 9 2011, 3:16 AM 

The sea sponge can be different things to different people.

There is the "Loofer", that is a vegetable that when dried is often used as a bath sponge, and, I believe, some have tried to use these for upholstery cleaning.

many call these a sea sponge.

The sponge described above is also sold in auto shops for washing vehicles.

These can also be used for cleaning upholstery in a foaming solution.

There is also another sponge, this is called a dry cleaning or chemical sponge.

Predominantly used for smoke and soot cleaning, I have also used these successfully for cleaning lampshades, cleaning diesel fumes from a 100 year old silk altar cloth for a Greek church that had gold inlays and hand painted faces, microfiber and other synthetics and many other pieces of furniture.

I believe in trying different methods and thinking outside the normal box, if someone say's it can't be done, I want to find out why.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you anymore wink.gif

Shorty.

Joe M

Here is a link

August 9 2011, 9:15 AM 

This is a link from interlink supply, this is a real sea sponge. I only use them for uph cleaning. Can't beat it. Cost about 15 but last for years.

http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=AU30++++++++++++++++

RichardC

Re: Here is a link

August 9 2011, 2:38 PM 

They are great for holding foam when low moisture cleaning upholstery. It keeps the fabrics very dry and the solution is spread a very long ways. Rinse them out after use and they will last a long time. Leave oxidizers in them and they will dry stiff and eventually fall apart.

[linked image]

Joe

That's correct.

August 9 2011, 5:23 PM 

I have had the same one for over 8 years now, I do have a back up but it never gets used. Best 13.00 of my life.

Shorty

Ooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

August 9 2011, 6:32 PM 

(Blushing) ----- never seen them before. sad.gif

Told you I live in the sticks, did I also mention the dark ages. wink.gif

Shorty. happy.gif

RichardC

Re: Ooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

August 10 2011, 11:16 AM 

Shorty I thought you lived on the coast.

I figured you hunted and captured sponges in your spare time and sold them to us American's.

Oh I might have to define "Spare Time" for you as busy as you are.
wink.gif

Shorty

Richard, F.Y.I.

August 10 2011, 5:27 PM 

You are right my friend, I do live on the coast.

However, our coastline is not quite as serene as many paint it. wink.gif

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Since my travels to the far east (of Australia), ie; America, I have seen how people survive in civilized countries and now prefer to send Delia to the shops to get my supplies.

I think maybe I can get them sponges down in the smoke.

Cheers mate.

RichardC

Re: Richard, F.Y.I.

August 10 2011, 6:10 PM 

Shorty you're always welcome to move to Kansas, we're far as you can get from Shark's. wink.gif

Its the heat, the cold & tornado's you have to avoid here!
LOL

Joe M

Oh Man

August 10 2011, 9:50 PM 

Shorty that map is to funny.

Current Topic - whats is a
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com