This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

My Makita.....

August 10 2011 at 3:28 AM
Al Taylor 

......Works but it starts and stops starts and stops. I kinda got some mist of solution on it. nothing more than previous times. other than that haven't used it in a few months.Got an Upholstery job Saturday. This happend two days ago. bummer.

Al Taylor

One who is willing to be taught only by himself, has a fool for a master.

AuthorReply
Shorty

It happens.

August 10 2011, 5:27 AM 

Can't remember how old mine is, but I had to put it in last week to get a new ring gear.

So I replaced the velcro pad at the same time and had it tagged out by the leckies, they do this to all my gear without even asking.

Normally I test and tag myself but it's good to know that all is okay by the experts in the game.

Put your "Lil Mak" into a electrician and have it fixed before Saturday.

I doubt it would be a major problem.

Shorty.

Kevin Pearson

Re: It happens.

August 10 2011, 7:18 AM 

ring gear, tagged out, leckies ....... and I just though I spoke English.

Kevin Pearson
http://www.pearsoncarpetcare.com

Joe

Problem is

August 10 2011, 8:15 AM 

The problem is Shorty is the only one that talks like that down under, even they don't understand him.

Shorty

Mi Engrish

August 10 2011, 3:55 PM 

Sorry blokes, err guys. wink.gif

Down under, all electrical items used in the workplace, by law, must be checked and certified by an licensed electrician and a tag fixed to the appliance to show compliance.

An electrician is a "leckie".

When an appliance has been "tagged" it means that it has been passed by a "leckie" and has a tag fixed to that item.

I have sat and passed a course which allows me to "check & tag" my own electrical appliances, but not equipment belonging to anyone else.

The tester that I bought, checks out for any problems in the wiring circuit such as a break in the earth/positive/negative wiring.

After I have tested and found the appliance to be safe, I can the affix a tag to that appliance.

A "ring gear" is a round gear that is placed around the entry where the shaft of the pad driver fits.

This assists in the speed control of the "Lil Mak".

I must admit, Queenslanders do talk differently to the Mexicans in the southern states. wink.gif

Especially the ones living in the sticks. (Away from the big smoke).

Did you get that Makita fixed yet. happy.gif

Shorty.

PS::: We also drive on the CORRECT side of the road down under, ask Rick. wink.gif

PPS::: My wife doesn't understand me either. sad.gif

This message has been edited by Shortwunincairns on Aug 10, 2011 3:58 PM
This message has been edited by Shortwunincairns on Aug 10, 2011 3:57 PM

Al Taylor

Re: Mi Engrish

August 11 2011, 1:54 AM 

Thanks Shorty,

No tomorrow i will find someone. Must find someone im comfortable withI can Trust. Whats the brushes job run for Makita? (ballpark)

Al Taylor

Shorty

Now I'm confused.

August 11 2011, 7:49 AM 

Hey Al, sad.gif what do you mean ??

"Whats the brushes job run for Makita? (ballpark)"

I don't understand this. sad.gif

Shorty.

Al Taylor

Re: Now I'm confused.

August 11 2011, 3:39 PM 

what does it cost for new brush in Makita? on my way to check it out.

Al Taylor

Current Topic - My Makita.....
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com