This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

300 Rotary machine Vs Hos Orbot

August 17 2011 at 10:57 PM
Mike Habib  

My question is, what is the advantage of using the Hos Orbot vs a 300 RPM rotary machine for Encap cleaning ? Is it any faster or does it really do that much better of a job ?

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: 300 Rotary machine Vs Hos Orbot

August 18 2011, 5:53 AM 

A 300 rpm rotary machine makes 300 large circular rotations on the carpet. Not a bad way to clean.

Whereas the Orbot produces 1,725 small rotations, about the size of a dime. Making more rotations is obviously going to produce more agitation. And the fact that the rotations are smaller will help to address the carpet fiber more efficiently than the larger sweeping circles of a rotary machine.

Going back to the example of the cleaning pie... AGITATION plays a significant role in the cleaning performance. In fact, I believe it's the most important function in the cleaning equation.

[linked image]

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on Aug 18, 2011 5:56 AM

mike habib

300 RPM vs Hos Orbot

August 18 2011, 7:04 AM 

Rick, that is good information however, like you said the 300 RPM is not a bad way to clean. I am more concerned with production speed. Outside of the cleaning solution from the spray bot, is it any faster in terms of production ? In the long run a Cimex would be better if we where cleaning large commercial jobs. Right now we do a lot of move-out cleaning. I may change the pads to the fiber plus ones and see how that does ? Thanks for the info !!!

David

Re: 300 RPM vs Hos Orbot

August 18 2011, 9:11 AM 

I have both of them so I can say this from experience, 300 speed will crank out the sq feet faster then Orbot with great results.

Orbot will make doing tight areas easier, less operator fatigue, looks better clients are impressed. Advantes of the Orbot weight set, you can add marble, wood, VCT and T&G components to it that will make less of a mess then a Buffer.

You do not have to swing the buffer but walk front and back like a burnisher

Anonymous

Oops !!!!

August 18 2011, 4:39 PM 

Err David,

"You do not have to swing the buffer but walk front and back like a burnisher ".

I think you mean:

"You do not have to swing the Orbot but walk front and back like a burnisher"

BTW; thanks for that info, I just paid for a Sprayborg yesterday. happy.gif

Shorty.

David

Re: Oops !!!!

August 20 2011, 2:56 PM 

No I meant you do not have to swing the buffer but walk it back and fourth like a burnisher. I do it all the time

Shorty

XX oops

August 20 2011, 6:55 PM 

Oh, I see, now it's all as clear as mud. happy.gif

Never tried it that way on carpet, but used to do it all the time on vinyl, (think you call it vct ?)

I may have done it differently also.

Used to walk with the machine at my side, do one long pass holding the machine in my right hand, turn around and come back again steering this time with my left hand.

A very simple procedure that gave good, fast results.

Been that long since I did it, I forgot.

C.R.S. crept up on me .................. again. happy.gif

Shorty.

Current Topic - 300 Rotary machine Vs Hos Orbot
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com