This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

What do ya think?

August 26 2011 at 1:35 PM
Pete  

Just had a call from a client that was referred to us . She said the last time she had her carpet cleaned it was done by the guys in the yellow vans. The carpet was 2 yrs old at the time and when they were done there was a black line around several rooms and they told her she didn't vac good enough. I thought it sounded like filtration lines but she says they weren't there before they cleaned. What do ya think?

AuthorReply

Charles

What do you think??

August 26 2011, 2:44 PM 

How about old solution hoses which have
Black junk inside and they start to spray black water on the carpet?
Best thing to do is take a bottle of pre-mixed encap and a brush and do a test spot on part of the black lines. Always test & qualify before you accept a job. Take Before & After pics.

Kevin Pearson

I think Charles is right

August 26 2011, 6:11 PM 

I think Charles nailed it. Even if it was not what Charles said then he is still right about testing and qualifying before hand and then you will at least know whether or not you can remove the black line.

Kevin Pearson
www.pearsoncarpetcare.com

Shorty

Hmmmmmm

August 27 2011, 2:02 AM 

Depends, if the lines are uniform against the wall, then it is possible they have pulled the soiling to the top of the pile, in which case I would probably say that they could be soil filtration lines and possibly need a solvent or alkaline cleaner to remove them.

If they are across the carpet, then yes, probably what you say above.

I would imagine that if the hose was spraying dirty water, there may also be soiling on the skirting boards or walls. ??

Whatever, the thing is the yellow van guys did not address the problem correctly.

Here's your chance to shine.

Shorty.

Pete

Thanks

August 27 2011, 12:01 PM 

Thanks for your imput guys. Sometimes you just need a refresher course on the things you already know!

Pete Peterson

Joel Riggs

I think Shorty is right

August 28 2011, 10:38 PM 

Sadly the guys in the yellow van are not known for dry strokes. They also dont prespray. Crappy hoses is not usually there problem. I would agree with Shorty's idea that they are filtration lines were actually brought up by the wetness left behind.

Current Topic - What do ya think?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com