This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Spot & stains

September 10 2011 at 10:29 PM
Milt J. 

When using the Cimex, do stains and spots need to be pre-treated first or just run the machine over them?

AuthorReply
Joe M

IMHO

September 11 2011, 8:01 AM 

I have dont it for years. I always hit the spots first. Remember a spot will come out a stain is just that. LOL. Stains are usually what don't come oout of the carpet.

But yes I always went around and hit all the bad area's with my sprayer. Can't hurt.

Shorty

The way I do it down under

September 12 2011, 1:27 AM 

After vacuuming, I will treat the spots first prior to running Big Yella over the carpet.

What remains are stains.

I categorize them this way.

Spots are what come out during the normal cleaning procedure.

Stains are those marks remaining that need stain removal expertise and, as such, are not included in the cleaning price.

I will work for 1/4 hour on various marks before charging for stain removal.

Cellulosic browning from water damage is quite often encountered, especially in our jute backed carpets.

I point this out to the person paying me that it does need special attention as normal cleaning will not remove it and I charge for it.

Hope this helps.

Shorty.

Chris G

Re: Spot & stains

September 14 2011, 11:11 AM 

I dont charge extra for stain removal, only odor removal. I am curious about what you charge for typical cleaning and also spot removal, just general rule of thumb of coarse. For residential I do about 35.00 a room as long as there is more than one room to be cleaned. Red stains with heat treatment and solvent based stains.

Absolute Cleaning Tupelo Ms
Carpet Cleaning
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Rug Cleaning
Upholstery Cleaning
Hardwood Cleaning
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=absolute+cleaning+tupelo+ms&fb=1&gl=us&hq=absolute+cleaning&hnear=0x88874c2e29de5fa1:0xe7f1cc40fb3d9d4f,Tupelo,+MS&cid=10704231240356009851&t=m&z=14&vpsrc=0>

Shorty

Depends on area and condition.

September 14 2011, 4:27 PM 

Hi Chris,
bear in mind, most of my work is within ten minutes of my home.

If I have to travel 20 minutes, the price also goes up by $11.00.

We have a minimum call out of $77.00, to be upgraded to $88.00 next year.

Domestic varies from $44 per room upwards, this will also go up at the beginning of next year.

If the carpet is trashed and needs restoring to a suitable condition, the price is doubled or they can get someone else.

I have held Defense contracts for the last eight years & they, like my real estate agents, are happy with this as it saves replacement and time.

Restoration is always a two part clean.

Commercial is $4.40 per square metre, which is 39 inches x 39 inches roughly.

On larger jobs, & even some of our monthly jobs, we do lower this slightly.

Stain treatment, for instance where we have to resort to steamers, etc; we work on $110.00 per hour or part thereof in fifteen minute segments.

Now don't go telling everyone what I charge, okay. wink.gif

Shorty.

Chris G

Re: Depends on area and condition.

September 14 2011, 8:11 PM 

thanks Shorty,
I am in Mississippi so I am a little jealous of your price margins. There is a lot more low ballers in my area and demographics are obviously different. I just started this Jan. so I am trying to find the balance in feast or famine. Thanks for your input.

Absolute Cleaning Tupelo Ms
Carpet Cleaning
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Rug Cleaning
Upholstery Cleaning
Hardwood Cleaning
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=absolute+cleaning+tupelo+ms&fb=1&gl=us&hq=absolute+cleaning&hnear=0x88874c2e29de5fa1:0xe7f1cc40fb3d9d4f,Tupelo,+MS&cid=10704231240356009851&t=m&z=14&vpsrc=0>

Current Topic - Spot & stains
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com