This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Callback in Med. Bldg. Advice!!!

September 21 2011 at 2:33 PM
Lance  

Hey Gang,

I have a question.... I recently cleaned a Medical Bldg. about 5000 s.f., and used the cimex with Encap DS. They were happy with most all of the carpet, exept some spots reappeared in the waiting room area
and the hallway by the break room. What would you suggest I try when I go back to try and remedy this?
I have DS, and I'm getting the "Spotter" from Ex. Supply any day now.

Should I try to pad cap it? Wetter? Drier? what do you think?
I've not had a call back yet and I have cleaned a ton of Commercial
with my "Mex" and DS.

Any Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AuthorReply
Lance

P.S. on this

September 21 2011, 4:35 PM 

I also have Some Encap Punch if that might help.

What do you all suggest?

Thanks,

Lance

Matt

Re: P.S. on this

September 21 2011, 4:58 PM 

Do a search on "reoccuring spots" that should help.

Also, to make sure it isnt a permanent stain (i come across this whne the carpet gets wet, it looks like it is gone, but when it dries it "reapears") get a white terry and hand clean a spot with in the spot till dry...but also do the search thing above

Shorty

What type of spots ??

September 21 2011, 6:51 PM 

Are these "spots" three round spots, each about 8" in diameter, and correspond to the same placement of the pads on your Cimex.??

Or are they more of a spill like coffee (tannins)?

Any chance of some photos.?

Rick Gelinas

Recurring spill stains & Stopping your Cimex

September 22 2011, 9:37 AM 

How To Eliminate a Recurring Spill Stain:
1. First. Scrub the spot for at least 60 seconds (scrub for 2-3 minutes if the spot is a tough one) --- scrub it with next to no moisture in the pad (practically zero moisture). So you're scrubbing the daylights out of that spot with MINIMAL moisture. I will normally scrub a circle around the spot with the Cimex first, leaving the spot bone dry. Then I'll run the machine over a section of dry carpet for a few seconds to dry out the pads. Then without squeezing the solution valve, I'll criss-cross over the spot for a minute or more as outlined above.
2. Next. Spray a few good mists of concentrated Releasit Encap-Clean onto the area using a trigger sprayer. The concentrate is mixed 1/3 if you're using Encap-Clean DS, and it's 50/50 if you're using regular strength Encap-Clean.
3. Final step. Work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber by running the machine across the spot one last time.

This process works perfectly just about 100% of the time, if it is performed to the letter. You must scrub intensely with minimal moisture first. Then apply the concentrated Releasit. Then work the concentrated Releasit down into the fiber. The fluoro-chemical retards the wicking process during drying, and the concentrated polymer crystallizes any spill residue remaining at the base of the carpet. BaddaBing-BaddaBoom the recurring spot is gone for good. Even if the carpet is cleaned later with HWE, the spot won't reappear.

Stopping your Cimex
Now you could also be experiencing what Shorty is alluding to above. With the Cimex (or even a rotary shampooer) you need to spin dry the head of the machine and shut off the solution valve underneath the tank whenever you stop the machine. The pads can hold a fair amount of juice, plus there's a few ounces held within the blue drive deck. All that juice is sitting in the head waiting to drain out into the carpet whenever you stop running the machine. So you need to spin out the head (like a washing machine) by running it dry for a few seconds before you stop the machine. If you just stop scrubbing without spinning it dry, you can easily leave 3 wet spots wherever you start and stop the machine.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Lance

Thanks Rick.....and Shorty too! Rick Question

September 22 2011, 3:27 PM 

Thank you for the response, I will follow that method and let you know of the outcome.

Question, is the "Encap Spot" a concentrated encap that could be used in place of the 50/50 mix of encap clean? Just curious on that.

Again, thanks for the quick response.....and the great Encap juice!

Lance

Rick Gelinas

Encap-Spot

September 23 2011, 10:13 AM 

Encap-Clean DS2 is a shampoo. It is a light foaming detergent that is suitable for a wide range of soils including oily soils. It cleans extremely well and it encapsulates perfectly too with an extremely robust polymer package. And although you can do some spotting with Encap-Clean DS2, as well as the trick for eliminating recurring spill stains - it's not a true spotting product like Encap-Spot is.

Encap-Spot is an entirely different formulation than Encap-Clean DS2. It is basically a multi-purpose spotter built on an encap platform. It is designed to tackle stains that have color, food spills, wine & coffee (unless the spot is severe), oil, grease, and it's useful for pet accidents (unless the spot is severe), etc.

One of the cool things about Encap-Spot is that although it's a broad spectrum spotter - it doesn't need top be rinsed. Normally you'd need to rinse away all of the spotter residue. Since Encap-Spot is an encapsulating spotter it doesn't need to be rinsed at all. In fact, if you were to use a heavy duty specialty spotter you could actually recover the specialty spotter without rinsing it by applying Encap-Spot. Simply use the specialty spotter sparingly, blot it up with a towel, then douse with Encap-Spot and blot the spot with a towel a couple of times; it's like having a portable extractor in a bottle. This is very handy when you're servicing large buildings - there's no need to drag an extractor into the building with you.

So there you have it - Encap-Spot is a great spotter for most things that you're likely to run across. It has excellent anti-wicking and soil-resistant properties. You can check also out this YouTube video about Encap-Spot...

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

Denise U/FloorBrite

Re: What type of spots ??

September 22 2011, 11:28 AM 

Rick, Should you apply this method on stains initially in all situations so that you don't ever have the recurring spots? Or are you saying to do this just in the case where you have previously cleaned and now you have a recurring spot?

Rick Gelinas

Re: What type of spots ??

September 22 2011, 11:58 AM 

I apply this trick to ALL spots, just to make certain that we NEVER have a problem with a recurring spill stain.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

This message has been edited by cimex on Sep 22, 2011 11:58 AM

Randy

Question for Rick

October 11 2011, 2:28 PM 

As I am new to Encap cleaning (but not HWE) I have an additional question concerning reoccuring spots. Your answers have been great and I have tried your process with great results. However, if I have a possible reoccuring spot, in let's say, a long hallway. After I use your cleaning method for these type situations, when I start to finish cleaning the remaining carpet in the hallway and I get to the area of the reoccuring spot, do I reclean this area with the rest of the carpet or do I go around these areas?

I know this might be a simple question, but I would rather ask you!

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Current Topic - Callback in Med. Bldg. Advice!!!
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com