This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Ask and You shall receive!

September 21 2011 at 8:44 PM
Denise U/FloorBrite of Southeast MO  

Okay I finally did it...After 3 months of trying to feel confident about this carpet cleaning business I ventured into, I decided to take the plunge and get out and seek commercial accounts today. I have only been doing residential thus far. It was an extremely positive experience! Stopped in 14 places and all but one was very interested in getting a proposal from me. A few places indicated that they are unhappy with their current service. I am putting together a proposal for a 10,000 sq.ft reception hall, 2 - 3000 sq.ft banquet halls, 2 hotels and a LeBounce Kids Play Arena, a Theatre that wants their ceramic tile/grout cleaned (which we do also). I also got some GM's names and #'s/e-mails to begin a process of courting them. So the moral of the story is...just get out there and ASK for the business. Now my goal is to do this once a week and contact no less than 10 places each time.

AuthorReply
Denise U/FloorBrite of Southeast MO

Re: Ask and You shall receive!

September 21 2011, 8:45 PM 

Oh and I have a Cimex and I love it! It will definitely be my best friend with these commercial accounts.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Ask and You shall receive!

September 22 2011, 9:43 AM 

It's EASY to sell commercial. Put in a little effort and you will see results. I've always seen a nice return on the time spent on approaching new accounts. Here's a couple of observations that have paid off for me in selling to new accounts...

1. The first door is the hardest. (That's YOUR own door) Get out there and go for it!

2. Follow up. Once you have an interested prospect - keep making return visits on them. If you keep making tons of visits, you'll invariably close more sales.

Keep up the good work with your sales calls! There's gold in them there buildings happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Shorty

Most important

September 22 2011, 6:21 PM 

If you don't have it, get the CMS program from Rick.

This may show you a better presentation to your prospective clients.

How to get past the "gatekeeper" and charm them over to you.

Plus many other instrumental processes that will make contacting and keeping these commercial clients a lot simpler.

Don't try and re-invent the wheel, Ricks' already been there and done that. wink.gif

Shorty.

Current Topic - Ask and You shall receive!
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com