This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Orbot shaft

October 29 2011 at 6:47 PM
David  

for those of you who have had Orbot shaft screws break off, can you tell me if the shaft support just goes over the shaft or do you have a key way or set screw to hold this in place. my shaft has a cut out to support a key way the support looks like one was in at one time but never seen it.

I believe the bouncing back and fourth against the screw is what is causing it to fail so quick. The replacement parts did not have a set screw or a key way for the support hence my question.

WE are getting ready to find a replacement for the Orbot due to the excessive down time it has compared to other machines that are we are using.

David

AuthorReply
Jay White

Orbot shaft

October 29 2011, 7:28 PM 

Hey David,

I do not have the Orbot but do have two Ventos still in use. I know what you mean by the "key way" slot on the shaft. On my Ventos the shaft support just goes on the shaft without a set screw/keyway.

I hope I answered you question.

Jay

Rick Gelinas

A message from Jeff Hruby

November 4 2011, 3:26 AM 

Hi David,

I received a message from Jeff at HOS about your Orbot problem...

"I saw the post on your board about David Herbert. If a customer should ever complain about his shaft pin breaking it is most likely that the machine has had a good hit to the driver. In most cases, it will happen with the older Orbot model. About 2 yrs ago the motor shafts did have a key way slot on them. If the driver was by chance hit or dropped, then the motor shaft may have been weakened around the key way section of the motor shaft causing the pin to snap. We can offer old Orbot owners that run into this problem a new motor with all the hardware ready to install for $250 (retail is over $500) just to keep them happy and put them back on their feet."

It sounds like Jeff's making a kind offer to provide the motor at half price in order to get things sorted out. We always try to stand behind our customers and do whatever's in our power to help them whenever there's a problem, and it sounds like Jeff has stepped up to the plate in this case too. Let me know if that works for you.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

David Hebert

Re: A message from Jeff Hruby

November 4 2011, 10:02 AM 

Thank you to Jeff and Rick.

I'll be calling, we just got power back after 5 days with none due to our areas storm last weekend.( thank god for generator

I know the machine has not been dropped or banged, My problem started when the we had a bad bearing with the Orbot when it was new which chewed up the pad driver. When we replaced the counter balance back then the key way was not there.

Things happen it is how we handle things that makes the difference, Thank you again the Rick and Jeff, again we will be calling for the replacement and new pad drivers just to be safe.

David

Rick Gelinas

Re: A message from Jeff Hruby

November 4 2011, 5:35 PM 

Let me know if I can assist you in any way David. You've been a good customer for a long time and I want to do whatever we can to help you happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Current Topic - Orbot shaft
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com