This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

QR Codes

December 3 2011 at 2:47 PM
Shorty  

Your thoughts on QR Codes for gaining extra business and/or making it easier for potential clients to contact you.

Thanks,

Shorty down under

AuthorReply

Charles

QR CODES

December 3 2011, 4:49 PM 

QR codes were invented in Japan a few years ago. They can get your business noticed. Put them on the back of your business cards. Have them put on shirts, magnet on your van, you can put videos on them, some will list your company info. They have a lot of uses and PHONE & GADGET FREAKS will scan them. SCANLIFE is the best app to download on your phone. You can put coupons on them, anything you can think of. They must be at least 1" x 1". You can make them as big as you want but consider the scanning distance. There was a Calvin Klein billboard which some poeple didn't like cause it was toooooo sexy. So they made a QR code for the billboard then you could watch the sexy girl sell her jeans. Just do a google search for qr codes and have fun.

QR Code

Bob Cairns

Re: QR Codes

December 4 2011, 9:01 AM 

They can be great - depends on where you send them to. A coupon - mobile enabled website (your current site probably doesn't render well on a smart phone). They are a cheap way to get potential customers involved with your business.

Shorty

QR Codes

December 4 2011, 2:39 PM 

Hi Bob,
you mention there about a web site not being so good for the camera, it really doesn't need to be.. Why not you ask ??

Well, you are already on the computer, all you need do is click on the QR code and see where it takes you.

You can do this with the one in the post above yours.

Conversely, copy and paste it into your address book.

I'm only just starting to learn a little bit about them, and still know very little, just what I've seen can be done with them.

I believe they will be a major item in the not so distant future.

They look so cheap in America, yet $$$$$$$$$$$ down under, until the sharks are fed and the price drops. wink.gif

Shorty.

Charles

QR codes

December 4 2011, 8:03 PM 

Here is a site you can generate a code.

http://www.mobile-barcodes.com/qr-code-generator/

Go to SCANLIFE and get the FREE app for your phone.
You do not need to take a picture of the code just center the red
line in the middle of the code and slowly move back and it will load.
Scanlife also keeps a history in your phone of the codes. Once you scan it you always have it. I just made my own code for EXCELLENT SUPPLY and put their phone number in my contact list. Now I always have it.

Bob Cairns

Yes but

December 5 2011, 7:08 AM 

What I like about QR codes is this - put one on your van and when you are in an area and people see your van and the code says "scan for xxxx" they will use their smartphone. 80% of websites look like crapola on a smartphone. So the QR code needs to go to a mobile "friendly" website or a coupon or text message special etc.

Current Topic - QR Codes
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com