This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Photo Contest Entry

December 14 2011 at 1:42 AM
Michael Craig  

[linked image][linked image]
[linked image]

Pizza shop in Punxsutawney Pa. and a restroom that we cleaned with Releasit DS2 and my old 24" Cimex. I think Punxy Phil (the weather groundhog) was hiding in that dirty carpet. Great Pizza!! Had to remove the support legs from sink to get machine in close.

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

This message has been edited by cimex on Dec 21, 2011 4:42 PM
This message has been edited by MikeCraig on Dec 14, 2011 1:48 AM

AuthorReply
Mike Habib

WOW

December 14 2011, 7:32 AM 

Great job !!!

Derek

Re: WOW

December 14 2011, 9:34 AM 

nice work Mike!

hmm 24", have you ever used a 19"? that extra weight the 24" has MUST make for better results!

Michael Craig

December 14 2011, 12:02 PM 

Never tried the 19". Seen them being used in Walkill NY. once.
I have 2 of the old 24" machines (Yellow and dark brown). My dad bought them in the early 80's. Stripped hundreds of grocery stores with them until they were parked way in the back of the garage and forgotten about after we purchased Aztec Sidewinders. Then one day Rick called me and said to try doing carpets with them so now they're used often.
We turned down many requests for cleaning carpets for years.

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

Derek

December 14 2011, 12:15 PM 

Walkill, nice. i haven't been there since i was a kid :D

how much does your 24" weigh Mike? how big are the pad drivers? what do you put under them to clean?

Phillip Newell

December 14 2011, 12:23 PM 

Wow. I wish we had Cimexes when I was at walkill. happy.gif I remember spending quite a few nights pushing around a walk-behind extractor. We also used loopy bonnets, rotaries and argosheen.

Phillip Newell
Clean Image Carpet Care
www.cleanimagecarpetcare.com

This message has been edited by PhillipN on Dec 14, 2011 12:24 PM

Derek

December 14 2011, 12:35 PM 

Argo*COUGH*

lol wow that musta been a few years ago Phil.

i found all the Cimex spec's in a link on Rick's site found here: http://www.cimex-usa.com/pdf/Cyclone_Operation_manual_completeb.pdf

John

December 14 2011, 2:16 PM 

I must say the photos are great and i have been doing some encaping and love it... however i thought someone told me that it was not really for this type of cleaning that it was a maintenance cleaning.. so i am happy to see this, I will use this more often than i already do...

MikeCraig

December 14 2011, 2:50 PM 

Not Sure on the weight. Not much different than a 21" propane buffer. Been a long time since I lifted a piece of equipment since we now use ramps.
10" pad drivers and we use beige and/or tan ACS pads. Never tried the pads from Rick, but when my supply runs low, i'll try them.

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

MikeCraig

Ol' Yellow

December 14 2011, 3:03 PM 

Here is a shot of the old beast herself. Remember, it stripped vct for many years
We cleaned and polished it up since this was taken. We also purchased 10" pad drivers even though the worn strip brushes in the photo worked fine. It is in the process of getting a custom made black diamond plate deck and a chromed diamond plate motor cover.

[linked image]

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

This message has been edited by MikeCraig on Dec 14, 2011 3:06 PM

Derek

Re: Ol' Yellow

December 14 2011, 3:23 PM 

wow impressive dinosaur. looks like she works as good as a newer Cimex :D please post some after pic's once you have that new stuff put on her?

Rick Gelinas

Re: Ol' Yellow

December 14 2011, 6:24 PM 

Nice job Mike! And nice looking antique too. Keep up the good work.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Michael Craig

ooops

December 16 2011, 3:56 PM 

mistakingly dumped the photo from photobucket

[linked image]

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

Current Topic - Photo Contest Entry
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com