This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

EZ Advertize

January 7 2012 at 12:29 PM
Michael Craig  

How many are placing their company name/logo on their equipment(Cimex)?
When doing commercial work, it's like pushing around a portable billboard. Top that off with the results your machine is mowing out will lead to more accounts. Also, how many have heard this from their accounts...."Why don't we just buy one of those machines ourselves"
[linked image]

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

AuthorReply
Shorty

Great idea

January 7 2012, 2:24 PM 

You mean something like this ??

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Note I also have my "Big Wheels" on. wink.gif

Also at the rear, I have places for my favourite spotters, unfortunately, this pic does not show them happy.gif.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

You can also tell the customer that knowing the correct product to use, and how to eliminate stains without causing a problem with the carpet is something to also consider apart from "just buying a machine".

Shorty down under

This message has been edited by Shortwunincairns on Jan 7, 2012 2:26 PM

Michael Craig

Re: Great idea

January 7 2012, 3:24 PM 

Looks like a can of Fosters will fit in there too. happy.gif
Awesome idea. Did you make it yourself?

Any one else have any tricked out Cimex machines?

Michael Craig
www.FloorCareMD.com

Al Taylor

Re: EZ Advertize

January 8 2012, 4:33 PM 

"Why don't we just buy one of those machines ourselves"

No Mike They never asked me that question. However, I noticed that as I cleaned the location, after first year client begin to get picky on me, after he watched me for a year on his cameras then all of a sudden boom! no renewal of contract. went back to visit and there it was. Oh well.

Al Taylor

Better is the end afterward of a matter than its beginning.

Shorty

Re: EZ Advertize

January 9 2012, 12:24 AM 

The idea to make it out of aluminum was mine.

A sheet-metal worker friend made it in exchange for some carpet cleaning.

I had a sign writer make the vinyl sign for about AUS$30.00

The small container will hold a Yankee size beer (plus Kiwi beers and some Oz beers),in a rubber cooler.

The bigger one will hold an Aussie beer in a normal stubby cooler. happy.gif

FYI Yankee beers are (I think), 12ounces, Oz beers are 13&1/3ounces.

As a rule, in the smaller container I have Spot n Boost.

The bigger one holds my quart bottle of Punch.

I have ramps that are 4' long to load in the side door of my van.

Doing commercial work and parking in angle parking has it's drawbacks with a side loader.

Later this year, or early next year, I hope to have another van with a tailgate lift so that I can load easily through the rear door.

No more pushing uphill or worrying about tight spaces.

This way I can have two machines side by side, with pads and brushes stored on the walls.

I'm not getting any younger and still have a zest for this line of work, so the easier I make it for myself, the longer before I fall of my perch and go to that big bbq in the sky. wink.gif

Cheers,

Shorty down under

Current Topic - EZ Advertize
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com