This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Germ Free

January 9 2012 at 10:53 AM
Pete  

I do work for a AC Home and on occasion they have a room that they want hwe because of body function accidents. They want the heat to kill the germs. Is there any way to encap or pad cap in this situation and sanitize the carpet in these rooms. I don't mind hwe but if they only have one to do it really is a money loser on that day.

Pete

AuthorReply
David Hebert

Re: Germ Free

January 9 2012, 12:08 PM 

1. Charge more for the one room

2. I would bet hydrox might work, but I would hwe bodily fluids as they are hazardous waste

Charles

GERM FREE

January 9 2012, 1:48 PM 

I would scrub the floor with Punch and Odorcide Fresh Scent.
Still HWE on urine and charge for what that room is worth like at least .40 sf.

Don Eldred

January 9 2012, 4:32 PM 

In situations like this, I would think it is best to do what the client wants. Charge accordingly.

Joe DeSouza

January 10 2012, 5:19 PM 

what is your minimum order? Mine is $98...SO, if they need only one room cleaned, its $98!! Think about it, by the time you unload the porty, fill with water, clean and then put it all away its probably 45 min to an hour of your time... so that normally should equate to $75-$100 if you go by the golden rule of $100 / hr....

Ive done these jobs here and there...one time it was to remove a red stain about 2 feet long by 6" wide (I think it was red wine spilled)in an apartment...they (the property manager) gladly paid the 98 smackers, and they told me that I was the only guy that actually removed it! (My assumption is that others tried, failed, and didnt charge anything)

Dont give your work away....

Pete

Germ Free

January 10 2012, 5:46 PM 

Thanks guys, our min. is 120.00 I guess I fell back into that newbe thought process that says you can't charge that for one room. I need a wake up call every once in a while.
Pete

Current Topic - Germ Free
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com