This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Cimex for corners & stairs?

February 5 2012 at 5:08 PM
Tom  

I'm new to the business and this may be a really stupid question, but how do folks get at corners and stairs when a customer decides to go with encap cleaning and I'm using a Cimex? Thanks

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Cimex for corners & stairs?

February 5 2012, 5:59 PM 

For edges just spray the encap detergent and give it a brushing with the Edge Brush...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Edge-Brush-Carpet-Cleaning-Accessory_p_11.html
And keep in mind that edges and corners don't don't get as much traffic, so they tend to not get too dirty.

For stairs, the Drill Driver works great. Again, spray with the the encap detergent and then scrub with the drill driver fitted with a standard 8" FiberPlus pad. It works pretty well...
https://www.excellent-supply.com/8-inch-Drill-Driver-Carpet-Cleaning-Accessory_p_10.html

These are a couple of simple approaches that can get the job done in an encap cleaning system.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Kevin Pearson

February 6 2012, 10:28 AM 

Usually the only times you need to worry about the edges are when there is filter fading up against the wall or something is spilled at the edge or corner. Just normal traffic and normal wear and tear shouldn't be a problem for you. When it is a problem do what Rick suggests, that's what we do.

Stairs are easy with a corded drill and the drill driver Rick sales. As a bonus you can also use the drill driver for commercial upholstery. (desk chairs, side chairs, waiting room chairs, etc.)

Kevin Pearson
www.pearsoncarpetcare.com

This message has been edited by Kevin_Pearson on Feb 6, 2012 10:33 AM

David Hebert

February 6 2012, 11:00 AM 

In my view in a commercial setting a drill driver set up may work of for steps because chances are no one will see you, in a residential setting if someone tried to do my UPH or stairs with a drill they would not be there long. I would recommend investing in a Micro Orbot or a Cyclone, and some microfiber mitts.
I understand the drill will do the job but it gives the appearance of the service provider being a hack.

David

Kevin Pearson

February 6 2012, 6:11 PM 

Good point David. To clarify my statement we only do that on commercial jobs where the customer is not there. We never use that in a home, unless it is for agitation followed by HWE. Alot of times if the commercial customer is there and we need to do clean stairs then we will use our truckmount.

Current Topic - Cimex for corners & stairs?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com