This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Best chem/ method for residential carpet??

February 7 2012 at 12:35 PM
Jerry 

I would like to start using different methods to clean residential carpet in my business. Currently using HWE most of the time, Cimex for commercial. What would be your suggestion for residential? I have OP, 175 bonnet, etc. Thoughts, experiences? Thanks!

AuthorReply
Don Eldred

Re: Best chem/ method for residential carpet??

February 7 2012, 3:00 PM 

Why????? HWE is best way to do residential cleaning. Some folks have taken a maintenance method and attempted to turn it into a corrective cleaning method. Stay the way you are, if not happy with your present HWE equipment get something better.

Joe M

February 7 2012, 8:45 PM 

Well Don that is your opinon. Many cleaners have built a very good business doing LM cleaning.

My customers are happy and that is all that matters. I have never had one that has asked me for HWE only, in fact many of my customers have had HWE and don't want it again.

There is more then one way to clean carpets, one way is no better then the other as long as the customer gets clean carpets and is happy.

HWE, Host, Von Schrader, pad capping, bonett cleaning are just tools for the tool box and to think one way is better then the other is just so Mikey's board.

Phillip Newell

February 7 2012, 3:13 PM 

Hey Jerry

There are a lot of successful companies using the low moisture method to clean residential. Unlike commercial though, you'll want to use some type of absorbent pad in residential. This will help extract more soil. I like Tuway pads as well as microfibers.

Ricks BioEncap is an excellent formula for residential. Not only is it 'green', it's a fantastic cleaner that will leave even the nastiest carpets looking great.

JMHO

Phillip

Phillip Newell
Clean Image Carpet Care
www.cleanimagecarpetcare.com

Jerry

February 7 2012, 9:02 PM 

Thanks for the replies! I currently use a new SS 454 truckmount, so I am not lacking in performance. I would like to offer low moisture more often in some situations. I just received the green bio-encap, the hydrox encap, and off course Ds2 that I use with my Cimex for commercial. I have some of the glad pads from CCS and some tuways from Rick. I am mostly concerned with tip bloom, getting the right amount of solution down with overwetting or to dry.

Phillip Newell

February 8 2012, 8:37 AM 

A rotary machine with Tuway type pads will be a surefire way to avoid tip blooming. I never even heard of tip blooming until OP machines became more popular.

You'll do fine!

Phillip Newell
Clean Image Carpet Care
www.cleanimagecarpetcare.com

Don Eldred

February 8 2012, 10:19 AM 

I assume you have no concerns about manufacturers warranties!!!!! You should be..

George

warranty?

February 8 2012, 9:47 PM 

By the time the carpet cleaners show up the warranty is long gone. Besides, there are only a handful of cleaners that can meet warranty obligations. IF you are worried about encap machines voiding a warranty I can only assume you aren't using a 175 or a rotary for your cleaning.

Jerry

Re: warranty?

February 9 2012, 8:57 AM 

I have had only a handful of people in the last 12 years ask about a certain method affecting their warranty. As mentioned above, by the time I get there, it has been years since the carpet was installed, or cleaned (new customers) I just want to learn a new method for the times that the work is in a difficult area to run hoses, lightly soiled carpet that the customer needs dry very quickly, extreme cold weather conditions, etc. There are a few VLM guys in my area that seem to do well, with a good customer base, I just want to tap into that.

Mike Habib

Best Method for residential carpet

February 8 2012, 8:21 PM 

I have been in the carpet cleaning business since 1986. Back then we use to clean with Dry Foam using an Advance floor buffer with a brush. I now offer HWE, Von Schrader Dry Foam, and Encap cleaning using a 175/300 rotary machine. In all of the years that I have been cleaning, we never have had any problems with a warranty issue. With move outs, I normally HWE first followed by a Encap cleaning. It is a lot of work however,nothing will clean them better. On regular residential, I normally let the customer pick which one they would like. Go onto you tube and type XERION Solutions,and look at their video showing HWE against Encap cleaning. I actully tried it with the same results and that is why we clean move outs the way we do. This is a great forum to learn from.

Cleantech

Re: Best Method for residential carpet

February 10 2012, 12:53 AM 

always more then one way to get the job done happy.gif

As a previous TM guy, even that used an aerotech EXTENSIVELY I can say once you know what you are doing can easily achieve the same results happy.gif

Dont let the shadows fool you in this vid. It was PERFECT after i left.
just for a quick example. Already 5 referrals and counting just from this, not to mention nearly bone..dry when i left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9vC7ZiQ4lc

Current Topic - Best chem/ method for residential carpet??
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com